Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless network adapter disappeared from my system; it doesn't even appear under hardware anymore - was hoping to bring this in to get fixed as this computer was purchased from HP new on 11/13/18; I checked my expiration date for this HP Envy All-in-one and the expiration date is listed as 08/20/18 (having started on 07/27/17), so according to HP my warranty expired (before it was even purchased) and started when the computer was created.

I sent something to HP support about this incorrect warranty date (eight business days ago) and have heard nothing - I've refreshed my warranty disputed status, also nothing.  Anyone heard of an expiration date expiring prior to a new purchase?  And I haven't been able to find any fix for the completely missing wireless network adapter online without opening up the guts (which I'm sure would violate any warranty, real or imagined).  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had two issues, both of which have been resolved, am posting just in case anyone has a similar issue(s) going forward.

The wireless network adapter had disappeared from Windows.  A network tech had me unplug power (and all peripherials), then hold power button in for 30 seconds to discharge the ENVY RAM.  The machine was then started and tapped windows-B (repeatedly) to get a reload of the BIOS.  After reloading the BIOS the system was able to see the wireless network card and it was back to normal.  Thanks to the HP tech that helped with this (and Cheron-Z for the offer for help!).

The warranty date was for one year from the creation of the ENVY machine, not from the date of purchase.  I filled out a warranty dispute online, two weeks later I was informed of a "new" warranty expiration date, which of course is this week (the computer was sold almost exactly 12 months ago).  

Why these two issues came up, I have no idea, and have not heard why they might, but for me, they're taken care of.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TRWXXXA

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@TRWXXXA,

If you would still like assistance please reply the earlier private message.

Thank you.

Cheers

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I had two issues, both of which have been resolved, am posting just in case anyone has a similar issue(s) going forward.

The wireless network adapter had disappeared from Windows.  A network tech had me unplug power (and all peripherials), then hold power button in for 30 seconds to discharge the ENVY RAM.  The machine was then started and tapped windows-B (repeatedly) to get a reload of the BIOS.  After reloading the BIOS the system was able to see the wireless network card and it was back to normal.  Thanks to the HP tech that helped with this (and Cheron-Z for the offer for help!).

The warranty date was for one year from the creation of the ENVY machine, not from the date of purchase.  I filled out a warranty dispute online, two weeks later I was informed of a "new" warranty expiration date, which of course is this week (the computer was sold almost exactly 12 months ago).  

Why these two issues came up, I have no idea, and have not heard why they might, but for me, they're taken care of.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.