Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I cannot turn of (uncheck) " use proxy server" in the LAN settings. It will uncheck and then RE-check itself once I am out of that window. I cannot connect to the internet because the proxy server is not responding. My internet is fine. Is there another way or something I don't know to resolve this and leave that box unchecked? I've tried deleting the proxy address to use and it just shows back up no matter what I do.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Ninroots, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues turning off proxy settings on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Are you the administrator of your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issues disabling proxy settings on your PC.

To disable proxy settings you must be the administrator of your PC, only then you can change the proxy settings.

Also, you can try the steps recommended below.

1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click Menu on the upper right side. Beside the STAR symbol (Bookmark).
3. Click Show Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll down and find Network.
5. Click Change proxy settings.
6. On the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
7. Uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN."
8. Then click OK. 

Also, you can try resetting the internet explorer to defaults and check if it helps.

Click Start, type inetcpl.cpl in the Start Search box, and hit enter. In the Internet Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and then click Restore advanced settings.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.