Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-dh1026ne

whenever I go a little far from the Wi-Fi, it acts like I went very far, and because of that i can only use this laptop in one room only, can someone please help me?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It is possible your signal is being blocked. At a previous location there was a patio enclosed and the walls were brick.  There was no signal whatsoever when going into that room.

You might want to make sure your existing Wi-Fi is efficiently configured by selecting 5ghz band and the clearest channel.

Something like the following at the PC and the Modem.

One of my kids invested in Google Nest as the Wi-Fi had a problem in several rooms.  I have not used Google Nest myself.  There are possibly cheaper and / or better alternatives.

Hope This Helps.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

it is only in this device and can you tell me how do I go there? thank you.

HP Recommended

sry for the late reply but can you tell me how to go there step by step, and this is the only device that's been acting up like that, thank you

HP Recommended

@Adam156 wrote:

sry for the late reply but can you tell me how to go there step by step, and this is the only device that's been acting up like that, thank you

Hmm - different!

If other device seem to work then Wi-Fi signal quality not the problem.

If a smartphone and is working fine on Wi-Fi and you walk out of Wi-Fi area it will switch to cellular if enabled to do so.

If another laptop or tablet works fine in other areas then compare settings on the working one to the laptop that has a problem and make them the same.

Otherwise, all I can suggest is to bring p the device manager, select the Wi-Fi driver (see earlier post) and look for the 5ghz band and AC

Note that some bands may not be available in your country / area so compare the working tables to the laptop.

Sorry

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.