Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6 2330
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are no new HP updates for the Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter, I think there may be a compatability issue with Windows 10. I have uninstalled the wireless adapter driver and reinstalled that gave me wireless capability I can connect through WiFi I am still in Airplane mode though. The setting for Airplane Mode is stuck.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @Danaru

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are stuck on Airplane mode. I am happy to help with this.

As a start, I found this page on Microsoft's support pages. It seems many others have been having this problem and for them, or at least some of them, there was a comparatively simple fix, inside this post. Check it out and see if it works for you too. I would like to know.

Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off - WiFi Will Not Turn On - answers.microsoft.com

Otherwise, if there are currently no updated drivers for your wireless, you can try installing your old driver using compatibility mode in Windows 10 and see if that works for you. It also covers several other methods you can try to search for and update drivers. How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - answers.microsoft.com

Let me know, if that works for you.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Airplane mode does not seem to do anything anyway, I have no cellular service on my desktop computer and the WiFi works after reinstalling the WiFi driver. Why do i need the annoying icon on the notifications bar?

None of the solutions to fix the stuck button worked for me, installing driver in compatability mode for windows 8 changed nothing, and none of my keyboards have a airplane mode key. The setting on the desktop pc is a mere joke anyway.  😠

HP Recommended

FYI.. found something in another forum after 2 hours of messing with this issue.. It was so simple.  Do you have a power backup?  If so and there is a USB cable plugged in in the back of the pc.. remove it.  They said to reboot, but I didn;t have to.  The airplane mode disappeared totally when I unplugged the backups usb cable

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.