Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-130qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok i need help with my HP Envy Phoenix 810-130qe desktop. My pc came with Windows 8.1 Pro and it had a beats audio control panel where you could adjust the audio. When Windows 10 came out i upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and my beats audio control panel was still on my pc and was working just fine. Then when Windows 10 Anniversary came out August the 2 my pc automatically updated to the Anniversary Edition. Everything was normal, but my beats audio contol panel was gone and i could'nt find it anywhere. Does anyone know how i can get it back or if there is any drivers i can download in order to get it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the W8.1 driver doesn't work, this W10 IDT audio driver should restore the Beats Audio function.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
HP Recommended

@GunsBigGuns2, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you try the driver for Win 8.1.  Here is the Software and Driver Downloads page.  The driver is in the section titled Driver - Audio.  It is a bit of a long shot, but at this point the only other option is to try the IDT High Definition Audio Driver retail version.  I am not certain which will provide the Control Panel.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the W8.1 driver doesn't work, this W10 IDT audio driver should restore the Beats Audio function.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thank You that was the right file i needed. I installed it to my pc and it told me to restart. I did and the control panel was back on there.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a "HP ENVY 15-j101tu Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)" and the sp71717.exe does not seem to be supported. Is there another file I can download which will bring back the beats audio on this PC? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, @qwerty9

sp71717 is only for desktop PC's with the IDT audio.

Your only option as I see it, is to reinstall the W10 audio driver from your notebook's support page (which is in essence, the W8.1 driver).

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, i don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Righto, Cheers bruh!

HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem & downloaded the driver specified. Also on HP desktop that lost it's Beats Audio & on Windows 10.
Upon install & restart, I'm now stuck at "Gettings Windows ready, please don't turn off your computer".

Any help would be appreciated.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Envy 23-d060qd all-in-one and after updating to Windows 10, I not only have lost Beats audio, but also the built in microphone doesn't seem to work.  An to make matters a little more irritating, if I keep the sound card "on", I get some wonderfully shrill  feedback sounds

I looked on the Notebook forum and people were suggesting different files to download.

Can someone offer some help to:

• Restore Beats Audio
  • Bring microphone back to life

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.