Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After reading all the posts on various web sites and not able to fix my purple issue, I called HP.  After many times being denied help, I was finally able to speak to a supervisor.  An order to repair my desktop was made at HP's cost.

You need to be persistent with the frontline staff as they seem to be very reluctant to fix out of warranty products.

i will say, once I spoke to a qualified supervisor, the support was fast and very courteous.  They are going to replace the motherboard.  talking to the tech's, they told me this was the only real way to solve the code purple issue.

thanks for all the advice

HP Recommended

thank you,jesus christ, after oponeing all these dodgy hp support employies that knew less about computers than my cat i dicided  to open up the smd promt and fiddle around a bit, took me a good day's length to work it out ffs had to bypass the whole hidden files **bleep** etc,  finally found that little pasted of a loop dmi file and changed all goto values to 0 , saved worked perfectly, aparently hp wants me to by a new pc instead of upgrading my gpu etc ffs. thx dude for pointing this out, wish it was advertised , feeling real sorry for the people that fell for the **bleep** rapair, my trust in hp and windows is 100% gone, go to hell , and stop conning people. i'm contacting trade standards about this **bleep** 

HP Recommended

I have been reading all of this and hope someone is still around to give me a hand.  Bought this computer in 2008 and it has been fine.  Started running more slowly lately and being, well, lame.  So I decided I would just get the few files I actually cared about and do a full system recovery to make it "like new" again.   So I follow all of the instructions for recovery and then I get this CODE PURPLE crap.  Can't do a thing with my computer now.  It was fine before I tried to "fix" it....now it is useless.  I read the fix that involves opening command prompt, but I have pressed shift-F10 a zillion times and the computer just stares at me with the code purple junk.  Ugh.

No.  I don't have any back up disks.  This computer was purchased when I was with my ex and all such things have been long lost and forgotten. 

Yes.  I tried  to make back up disks before this fiasco, but the computer told me I could only make one and "had already done so".

If I can't fix this problem myself right here and right now I am going to go all Office Space on this thing.

Oh.  Other note: I read some things about people with motherboard issues and such.  If I recall correctly, we bought the computer from best buy and it almost immediately had an issue.  So my husband at the time contacted HP.  They sent a box, he packaged it up and sent it in..it came back and worked ever since.  I am pretty sure the problem was "motherboard".  I really hate computers if you can't tell.  I am not completely in the dark about them, but I am not like "look at me and all of my vast computer knowledge"...that is where some of you come in.  I hope.

HP Recommended

Hello Comp204.

You’re getting an error code purple.

I’ve heard of HP sending in the units for repair for no cost to you even if they were out of warranty if they get the code purple error.

I’d call and tell them that you’re getting the error and see what they say.

Here is a link to their phone number.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
They said I have to send it in for repair. I refuse to believe that. It didn't just "happen" to have a Motherboard problem the moment I tried to recover it to factory settings. Please. There has to be a way to tell my computer everything is ok and it can continue on its way. Some sort of code bypass or a physical bypass on a board or something.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info it worked great.

HP Recommended

Hi there everyone,

I am fixing one of clients computer (hp p6230a ). Tried to recover it but gave an error (purple code)

So I have done a clean win7 64 bit home premium installation from OEM DVD. Everything works seemlessly...

For those who are planning to send it to HP, if you have a windows 7 OEM CD, please try that first! 

I like the clean install because :

I need a different antivirus software.

I dont need HP assistan revocvery software 

I also do not need HP games which come with it..

Hope this helps to someone out there.

GOod luck

HP Recommended
you guys at HP should be ASHAMED.

that code purple run.py delete didn't do anything! but now the recovery partition doesn't work....
im glad my customer is going to PAY for your mistakes.
HP Recommended

this is just too much. hahaha.

what a big old joke!!!

HP Recommended

Since my computer would do nothing except code-purple after this mess and the partition didn't work for crap...I ended up putting a new OS on a disk and loading it onto my computer.  That fixed it.  Now I have to get a new driver for my wireless internet and who knows what else, but at least I can use my computer again.   So annoyed with the whole ordeal. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.