Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
compaq CQ2000pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have a problem with my pc that i can't turn it on. When i pressed turn on key it will automatically resets after 5-10 seconds, "resets loop". And i dont know what to do.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @MmantaS,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I understand your computer is not booting to the desktop, it keeps rebooting. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help.

Were there any updates installed before this issue started?

Have you installed any new hardware?

Recommend you do a hard reset. 

Turn off the computer disconnect all the devices connected. (monitor, power cable and any other peripherals connected.)

Wait for a minute. 

Connect only the keyboard, monitor, and the power cable and Turn the computer On.

If the issue, persists, do a hard reset again. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping ESC or F2 on the computer to enter System Diagnostics. 

Run a system test on the computer. 

If you have installed any new parts to the computer, please remove it and turn the computer On. 

Also, refer to this interactive troubleshooter available at this link for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, any error messages on the screen, thanks 

HP Recommended

@Bright3

Hi! Did you run the System test? Was there any errors or did the test pass?

Keep me posted.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Yes Chimney_83 your info was useful it helped to turn on pc. I have reinstalled windows but the problem is not gone. I think the problem is in motherboard or one of a part is broken like integrated graphics card or processor. The light in front of case are shinning, its not shined before. The pc has become very slowly when light has started to shine. Photo link...
http://www.part.lt/perziura/69cf130fa669f35e760ba3b5d8abaebf428.jpg
HP Recommended

@MmantaS

Hi, I'd like to help as @Chimney_83 is out of the office today. 

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I would like to know if you have run the hardware diagnostics on the PC. The slow performance could be because of a failed hard drive. It would be better to run the tests on the hard drive, memory and the motherboard. 

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

Figure : HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

Figure : Component Tests options

List of the Component tests

Please feel free to let us know what happens. I appreciate your patience. 🙂

HP Recommended
Nothing happens when i press F2 or Esc the UEFI display not shows and pc continue restarting.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I understand that your computer is not booting to F2 or ESC startup menu. 

As you are using an older computer. Please refer to this HP Article for other tools using which you can diagnose the issue on your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.