01-28-2014 09:14 AM
Just got a ProDesk 600 with Windows 7 pro, and installed the drive encryption.
What the install-promt diden't tell, was the pre-boot drive encryption, and im now stuck with it.
The computer is a shared unit, with several user logins.
How do I disable the pre-boot encryption ?
What I already tried:
Disable various things in BIOS
Searched google for several hours
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-29-2014 05:43 AM
Thanks anyway 🙂
The pre-boot is a WinMagic thing (a part of the HP security software pack)
The login screen, appears between BIOS and Windows load.
Im sure it would help to make a full recover, but im not able to do that without paying for our technichian to setup the server access etc. again. (outside company)
02-25-2014 02:02 AM
There is actually another method, which I ran into accidentally on my 840 G1.
In the initial instalation process you will register your fingerprints, set a Windows password and set a password for accessing the HDD. It will not encrypt the HDD in that point. If you want to ge rid of the initial boot password for the HDD you'll need to do the following:
- Start HP Client Security Manager
- Go to Drive Encryption
- Check the checkbox in front of your drive. The button in the bottom will change from Backup Key to Apply.
- Do not press Apply. If you do, it will start encrypting your HDD (TCDK's solution)
- Instead go to Settings (the small gear in the right upper corner)
- Now press the back button ( <- ), which will return you to the Drive Encryption screen
- In this screen you'll see the checkbox in front of your HDD is unchecked, but the button still says Apply
- Press Apply and restart
Kind of a hack, but it's the easiest way.
05-08-2014 05:22 PM
I have my drive encrypted with HP drive encyption and I know my password to get access, but OS is corrupted, I need to repair the BCD boot, but after try to repair it with DVD W7, I can't found my w7 installation, I'm supposing that it is because the drive is encrypted, some one know how resolve this?