Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do you enable the driver encryption back?

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. Stuck after post couldnt go to OS, cause didn's acept any password.

Opened a case in HP. Her's the answer:

In order to access the encrypted disk with Winmagic, here's the instructions:

ftp://hpstore1:mb*DV6st@a1.usa.hp.com file c04347463.zip

Pass: hp7463

Hope it helps

HP Recommended

DOH. NVM.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

HI there. I have the same issue. How can I get this file? This link doesn't work. Did you mean ftp://a1.usa.hp.com/ ?

Can you give the link for download again?

I applied all advices which was written before but it wasn't succeed.

HP Recommended

When i click the link i've posted, it opens the FTP with content from HP

ftp://a1.usa.hp.com/

HP Recommended

The file is

ftp://hpstore1:mb*DV6st@a1.usa.hp.com/c04347463.zip

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. I downloaded this archive and then could open my encrypted disk.
I got out all data what I need and then did formatting hdd again and reinstalling my system.

Of course without HP enycryption.

HP Recommended

Hi, The link also needs an username to download !

HP Recommended

do you have to leave it on for 4 days?

HP Recommended

This didnt quite work on my HP Elite x2 1011 G1 tablet but what did work was to click Apply to start the encryption then untick the block and then click Apply again. Looks like the encryption didnt have to complete before the non encrypt could be Applied.

Worked for me and I could unistall.

Windows 10 here I come

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.