Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've searched the forum and have not found an answer to this. After upgrading to windows 10, ExpressCache has been removed and is no longer working. Where can I download the program (ExpressCache) for windows 10 so I can re-enable it? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks,

Brian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Hi,

Expresscache is a licensed service.

Your question is not an isolated situation as the same question came up in the past.

You might review this HP information and see if this update will work.  The update is for W8 but give it go.

Additionally, review the information in this thread.

I'll ask HP to review support for the Express cache application with Windows 10.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thank for the reply Dave. I spoke with HP support yesterday about this and they were going to look into it as well and suggested I post in the forum.

I've already factory reset my machine back to windows 8.1 pro (twice) after trying several different fixes for this and want to make sure that this will address this issue for good before going back to Windows 10.

I would really appreciate it if someone who has tried this fix for windows 10 can verify it works. I really don't want to reformat again if I don't have too.

Thanks,

Brian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Recommended

Dave, since Im a glutton for punishment, I went ahead and re-installed the windows 10 upgrade to give your solution a try. I want to first point out that the SSD drive was not showing up in explorer like that post suggested for that person, it was simply not working, but still hidden as it should be. Windows 10 removed the folder with all the files for ExpressCache from my C: Drive, yet it was still installed via the control panel.

Also the file provided in the link did not work either. It stated that it was not compatible with my version of windows and did not update. So that only works with Windows 8.

I tried something else that ultimately didn't work either. I copied the ExpressCache folder from Windows.old  to Windows 10 which at least allowed me to uninstall ExpressCache.

I found the ExpressCache install from the SWSETUP folder and Windows would not allow me to install it.

I appreciate your help so far and hopefully we can get this resolved.

Thanks,

Brian

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP is looking into the issue.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks Dave, after trying a few other things I've narrowed it down to simply needing a working 'licensed' Windows 10 compatable version and I'll be good to go.

I was able to install (without issue) other verions of ExpressCache, however without a valid license the program would not run.  So if you have a link for the software or can povide me with a link to a paid version of ExpressCache (not diskeeper) that would be great. 

Thanks,

Brian

HP Recommended

Hi Brian,

I would venture to say that HP is going to need a program update from Condusive.  It would need to take into account that your particular model PC is eligible for the update.  There might have to be some contract negotiations.

HP Recommended

I literally just read that ExpressCache is OEM only. I just purchased my machine two months ago and it was a newer model (Envy Phoenix) so hopefully it will be included in the update. The only thing I ask is a timeframe, so I can either revert it back to windwos 8.1 or keep it at Windows 10. I've got a call into HP as well am currently waiting for a response.  The Systems were down.

Again thanks for your help Dave. In the meantime do you know of any software that works just like ExpressCache?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know of any Expresscache like software that I would venture to recommend.

The MSATA SSD could be made to cache by using Intel's caching technology.  Here is an excellent explanation.

If I could twist HP's arm and have your Expresscache solution tomorrow then I would do it for you.

HP Recommended

Thanks Dave, I saw that too... and I know you would if you could! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.