Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

MY EXTERNAL, HP W2207h LCD FLAT SCREEN MONITOR OPERATES FINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE MENU FLASHING ON/OF SCREEN EVERY 3 SECONDS, AND A WHITE SIGN THAT READS, "OSD LOCKOUT."  I HAVE TRIED:  HOLDING MENU AND POWER BUTTON DOWN TO NO AVAIL!  NOW THE POWER BUTTON WILL NOT TURN OFF-THE LIGHT GOES FROM ORANGE TO BLUE.  THE RESULT, I TURN OFF MONITOR BY UNHOOKING THE POWER CORD FORM OUTLET..PLEASE HELP!

SERETHIA TUFTS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.

Then if OSD still continues, try the OSD Lockout Procedure again.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.

Then if OSD still continues, try the OSD Lockout Procedure again.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

i also have the same problem.tried holding down the menu button for 5 seconds and it did not work.so then i uplugged the power cord and held the power button for 60 seconds.it worked for a couple days but it just started happening again a while ago. question,am i  suppose to unplug the power cord and hold down the power button for 60 seconds, or am i suppose to turn off the computer and then unplug the monitor power cord and hold the power button down for 60 seconds then plug it back in.

HP Recommended
I would suggest to turn off the monitor first.

To unlock osd lockout you have to hold the menu button lomger - maybe up to 30 sec.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

thanks, gonna try it out and see if it will finally fix it. if not might just buy a whole new monitor.

HP Recommended

PLEASE DO NOT BUY A  WHOLE NEW MONITOR! THIS IS WHAT I DID:  I OPENED THE BACK OF MONITOR WITH A BUTTER KNIFE-NOTHING TOO SHARP FOR THE BACK PANEL WILL SNAP BACK- TRACE THE TWO THIN WIRES THAT ARE CONNECTED TO THE MENU BUTTONS AND TOTALLY DISCONNECTED BOTH.  NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH OSD LOCK LOCK-OUT AGAIN!!

FURTHER, THE MENU BUTTONS USED ON THE MONITOR FOR MAKE CHANGES TO THE INDEPENDENT SCREEN CAN BE CONTROLLED BY YOUR COMPUTER, THIS IS A FACT.  TRY IT, IT WORKS PERFECTLY.

SINCERELY,

MRS TUFTS

SERETHIA TUFTS
HP Recommended

I TRIED EVERYTHING SUGGESTED BY MANY PEOPLE WHO SAYS TO HOLD DOWN BUTTON THAT WILL NEVER WORK!  WHAT WORKED, I SIMPLY TOOK THE BACK OF MONITOR OFF WITH AN UNSHARP BUTTER KNIFE-MONITOR BACK WILL SNAP BACK ON-AND UNHOOKED THE MENU BUTTONS WHICH CONSIST OF 2-3 WIRES-MINE HAD TWO-TAPE THEM OUT OF THE WAY AND THE MONITOR NEVER HAD ANOTHER OSD LOCK-OUT AGAIN!! THE FEATURES LISTED IN THE MONITOR CAN BE CONTROLED BY YOUR COMPUTER NVIDA CONTROLS-FACT. 

ENJOY YOUR COMPUTER NOW THAT YOU UNHOOKED THE MENUE WHICH OBVIOUSLY CAME WITH A FAULTY MENU BUTTONS WHEN YOU CONSIDER NUMEROUS POST ON THIS ONE SUBJECT ALONE.  ENJOY!

SINCERELY,

MRS TUFTS 

SERETHIA TUFTS
HP Recommended

gonna give it a shot.and thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

was afraid to go through with it but don't need to do it any more cause some how it got fixed by itself. but now i got a volume bug. the volume icon is displayed in front of my monitor and the volume goes all the way down. you would'nt know how to fix this?

HP Recommended
Is it the monitor menu or windows menu?
The volume setting for one or more sound devices might be disabled or set too low. There are several things that can change sound volume: the volume control knob for your speakers or monitor, Windows volume controls, and volume controls in sound software. Any of these volume controls can be set to zero.

Or is it a dynamic phenomena?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.