Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@olschelsea wrote:

I installed and changed out my quadro for a 770m mxm and it works grea thanks to the guys on here. I am trying to see if i can overclock it or if i need to, im not really sure. But for folks that arent sure if gtx mxm's work, i can tell you they do well. My 770 does give off a lot of heat and im looking to go up to a 780m so hoping i can do that sometime next year. Is there a site i can go to for overclocking the 770m? Thanks for all your help with setting up the mxm. Im gonna add 1TB SSD's and upgrade the memory also

Just look at Bing. I think you only get <5% performance boost for MXM cards to it probably isn't worth it.

Glad to hear you got you 770M going!

HP Recommended

Hi guys

Overclocked my  quadro 3000m and gained more than  60% performance  and its  very stable for a month now 

Standard furmark score1025, Overclocked furmark score 1656

Very interesting thing about the gtx770m    http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1095559

Mine its on its way :smileyhappy:    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35358-Overclocking-a-gtx770M

Greetz

HP Recommended

Just installed mxm3.0b card gtx770m  

OS windows 8.1

after while the card was found in device manager and then ran a couple of updates.

after that it worked perfect

greetz

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting everyone know Shaquille. Glad it worked out for you. The Z1 is a great machine.

HP Recommended
shaquille, why not post 'furmark' scores for the gtx770m as you did for the q3000m? I'd find such info interesting :smileyhappy:

Cheers..
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

The Z1 is a splendid machine :smileyhappy:

Also overclocked my Nvidia gtx770m

Standard furmark score 2427, Overclocked furmark score 2724

gtx770m.png

Greetz

HP Recommended
shaquille, thats a nice x2.5 bump in GPU performance as compared to your Q1000 card, likely at a much better price point than getting a stronger quadro card... Can see why your happy :smileyhappy:

But why not run the FuMark scores at the monitors native resolution of 2560x1440 rather than 1280x720 ??
HP Recommended

Hi 

It's most common that the benchmark test is run at a resolution of 1280x720

FurMark scores at the monitors native resolution of 2560x1440 is 1057 points

Greetz

HP Recommended

shaquille, a couple of questions:

1. how many monitors are you running, just the z1 display?

2. what are your cpuid numbers (heat stats) for your cpu and card?

thanks.

HP Recommended

I'm running just the z1 display

HWiNFO.jpg

Greetz

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.