Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Try using a "display port" cable.  Don't convert it to anything else - just display port to display port.

I saw the same thing trying to extend my monitor cable by converting display port to HDMI and back again.

It appears that you're seeing the same thing with the DVI-D port.  I don't know what would happen if you went from DVI-D to display port, but it might be worth a try.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought 2 HP ZR30w Wide LCD Monitors.

I have the same issue but only for one of the two monitors. Both monitors are connected to the same computer but only one of them can get to 2600 x 1600. The other one reaches maximum 1280 x 800. Have the latest drivers installed. Used to run 1920 x 1200 on my previous screens so that can't be the issue. I have a GeFOrce GTX 550 Ti graphic card.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

HP Recommended
2560 x 1600**
HP Recommended

This is still an issue for us, and it appears to be a h/w restriction on the docking station.  We have a dock for 8540 laptops, connected at this site to a pair of ZR30s.  The dock has a Display Port jack and a DVI jack, resulting in us being stuck at 1280x800 on the DVI connected screen.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as everyone else.

I have updated the monitor diriver.

I have tried chaning resolution in all recommended ways

I have tried a "monitor reset"

I use a stright displayport cable.

Running dual NVIDIA Quadro K600 cards, the ZR30 is alone on one of the cards.

The setup has worked for a long time.

Now, suddenly, without me changing anything intentionally, the resolution has dropped to 1280x800.

HP Recommended

Though HDMI and DVI are compatible, HDMI is limited to a single link, 2560x1600 and 2560x1440 require dual links.

1280x800 max resultion is a telltale sign that you're only using a single link (exactly one half of the max res), either the video card's DVI output is single link, the cable is single link, or some adapter in the mix.

HDMI 1.3 changes that but all but the very latest monitors will be on HDMI 1.2 which will can't run that high of a res with only one link.

HP Recommended

That was how I fixed the problem.  (Two display port to display port cables - one to each monitor.)  Both monitors work fine at 2560 x 1600.

HP Recommended

Hi all - did anyone find a solution to this?

I'm running a pair of HP ZR30W s at 1280x800 through DVI - and it's hurting my eyes. 

I tried the DVI to DP converters, but all I got was a screen of black. 

Any help?

HP Recommended

YES!  After reading through countless threads, I determined that I needed a DVI-D cable.  HP's part number for this cable is  439635-001.  Unfortunately, HP said this part is no longer available and gave me the number for a parts reseller, who did not have this part.  Another company, Partstore.com, said they could get it, but after waiting for a couple of weeks without receiving the part, I phoned them and was told the order had been cancelled (without notifying me), because HP no longer had this part.  I didn't realize they were going to try to source it from HP, or would have skipped dealing with them to begin with.  Ebay did have a refurbished one with this same number, but before buying, we purchased a cable from Staples that seemed to be the same shape (the first time I've ever found anything I wanted at Staples!).  We saved the receipt just in case- but don't' need it.  We plugged it in and the resolution is now at the maximum for this monitor.  The Staples box does not show a part number, but reads "DVI-D Cable" and has a 10' cord.   Not sure if this is relevant to anyone, but the graphics card I'm using is a Radeon 2600 pro, with 512 ram.  I hope this saves someone else all the effort it took to resolve this problem. 

HP Recommended

I spend 2 full working days  with this issue, and I can tell you: I am happy to have solved the problem. My situation is laptop with HDMI. The explanation is that there is not enough bandwith via the HDMI, even though my graphics card is a GeForce 630M that supports the high resolution. I tried both HDMI->DVI (with dual pins) and HDMI->(active adapter)->DisplayPort. Neither worked.

The solution was to add a custom resolution in the NVIDEA driver, but this will supposibly also work for integrated graphics like Intel 3000 or Intel 4000. The key is the timing setting that is "Automatic" by default. This needs changed.

Solution: Add Custom Setting via driver:

Res: 2560x1600

Freq: 60 Hz or lower

Timing: CVT Reduced Blanking

This even works with the cheap HDMI->DVI cable. God bless this site: http://www.notebookcheck.net/2560x1440-or-2560x1600-via-HDMI.92840.0.html 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.