Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I

have a HP 22xi Pavilion led monitor.  It is about a year old and no warranty left.  It started going to a black screen when in use.  I have to uplug the monitor to get the display to show.  the power light stays on, but will not turn it off.  I saw a few ppl having the same issue, with no success in getting this resolved.  I have tried the external monitor on another laptop and have the same issue.  I have replaced the power AC adapter and also downloaded the drivers for the monitor.  this is very frustrating.  I have tried to reset to factory setting and nothing changes.  It will work for a while, then all of a sudden go to black screen and I have to unplug it from the back.  Please assist..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @squiggy,

I understand that your HP Pavilion 22xi  LED Monitor just goes blank and will not turn off. After having read your post it would seem that the issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @squiggy,

I understand that your HP Pavilion 22xi  LED Monitor just goes blank and will not turn off. After having read your post it would seem that the issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I called HP and was given the option to send the problematic monitor back and purchase another one that is remanufacted for almost what i paid for the one i have.  If this is an issue with the monitor, like others are saying, I would think HP would stand behind their product and replace it free of charge.  The monitor is just over a year old and past the warranty.  I have Dell monitors way past 5 years that are still working with no issues.  I will not recommend HP products to anyone asking about them.  I will let them find out for themselves.  There are alot of other companies that will gladly support thier products..

HP Recommended

Hi, I have absolutely the same problems as "squiggy" described above, only after about 1,5 hours it stops turning off. I googled and found out that this problem is quite frequent with this monitor. Are there any ways of repair provided by HP free of charge for monitors out of warranty with his frequent problem ? I believe that HP has an image of a reliable brand and to use such a monitor only for 3 years and be annoyed by frequent turning offs and ons is something I did not imagine when buying this relatively expensive product 3 years ago...

HP Recommended

Hi @Robert79,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I started having the same issue last week.  The monitor goes black but the power button is still on.   The only thing I can do is unplug the power cord from the back and plug it back in.  I have tried changing cords and also doing the factory reset.

Of course my warranty ended about 6 months ago.  A monitor that craps out after 18 months is pretty pathetic.

HP Recommended

You are absolutely right. And if google a bit, you will see that this defect is a frequent problem on the Pavillion monitors. As it looks, it is a manufacturing defect. I was contacted by a service guy (Czech Republic), but he did not recognize this defect as a manufacturing defect. The repair is so expensive that it  almost equals a new monitor. Well, I truly expected more from HP: either a higher quality of the monitor or a better client's service when a manufacturing defect appears...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.