Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i want my system to be boot from the USB Drive - but Legacy support is not avialable in the Bios and that i why in the boot menu i am not getting my USB option 

Model no : Hp all in one 19-2013w and 19-2113w 

63 REPLIES 63
HP Recommended

Hello Tech4_help,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are trying to find the Legacy option in your BIOS on the HP 19-2013w All-in-One Desktop PC and the HP 19-2113w All-in-One Desktop PC. In the BIOS click on Security > Secure Boot Configuration and you will see Legacy Support. Make sure you enable it there you will have to disable Secure Boot to do so.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

This is a new motherboard and at this time there is no way to enable legacy support.

No Legacy.png

sorry.

bill

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@Dunidar wrote:

Hello Tech4_help,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are trying to find the Legacy option in your BIOS on the HP 19-2013w All-in-One Desktop PC and the HP 19-2113w All-in-One Desktop PC. In the BIOS click on Security > Secure Boot Configuration and you will see Legacy Support. Make sure you enable it there you will have to disable Secure Boot to do so.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar,

I had the misfortune of purchasing one of these computers and I can tell you for a fact your solution does not work for me.

There is no legacy support in Security > Secure Boot Configuration.  On my hp 19-2113w I can disable Secure Boot, but when I go to Boot Order and try to enable Legacy Support (which is where that option is at) it tells me I have to disable Secure Boot -- which I just did!  And rebooting after changing Secure Boot does not help.

I have wasted half my weekend and several hundred dollars on this computer, which I will now have to chuck out the window because I refuse to use Windows 8.

Tim

HP Recommended

then what's the solution? I can't boot my pc and does not work I get this one:

CAM00729.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @ZeyreN,

I understand you are getting the 3F0 error on your computer and it will not boot. The error 3F0 on startup like that indicates a potential problem with the hard drive. I am providing you with an HP Support document: HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Hard Disk using the Built in Self Test, which will walk you through the steps that you should be taking to find a solution to your issue.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

The test appears to me that was approved and I see that BIOS detects it but I can't boot just me appear UEFI devices but not the hard drive the computer is new, I'm desperate I could'nt use my new computer that I can do ? 

PD: and I tried activating and deactivating Secure Boot and it still appears that problem, please help

CAM00730.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello again @ZeyreN,

Thank you for the updated information on your issue. The issue appears to be a hard drive issue and I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello , i   have this motherboard,  and i want change to legacy supports,  there any solution to solve this ?

HP Recommended

apparently not. i hate it when support people read you the support manual suggestions even though they know there is no real workable solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.