Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 32 MONITOR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just brought a HP ENVY 32 32-inch Media Display with Bang and Olufsen and i am trying to swtich on the BANG AND OLUFSEN option on the screen for better sound but it wont let me why??

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi mttprc11,

How are you attempting to turn it on? Can you provide more details on what you are doing and what is happening on the monitor?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hi there,

Yes I am trying to switch it on. I went on to the menu options on my monitor clicked management option then to audio options which I then tried to switch the bang and olufsen sound on but it just automatically goes back to the previous setting.
HP Recommended

What is the previous setting that it keeps reverting to?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
It keeps going back to the select audio auto detect.
HP Recommended

What other options are there on that screen? I ask because I don't have this monitor personally, but I'm trying to see if I can help identify the problem from what I know of other monitors and audio issues.

Also, do you have any other speakers or headphones plugged into the monitor or the PC it's connected to?

HP Recommended
Well the other options are display port audio, mhl/HDMI audio and pc analog audio. I don't have anything plugged in just using the monitor speakers.
HP Recommended

What sound are you listening to from the monitor to check the sound quality?

I'm wondering if the Auto-Detect settings are searching for a signal. Try connecting a PC or game console with HDMI if possible, and see if this changes the selection or your ability to change the setting.

HP Recommended
Well the sound is normal really. That's why I wanted to switch it on to see if it got better. I tired with the HDMI cable but still didn't work still changes back to normal settings.
HP Recommended

What are you connecting to the other end of the HDMI?

Do you plan to connect a PC to the monitor? 

Did the monitor come with an installation CD? If so, you may want to try connecting a PC to the monitor and then installing the CD software. There might be software to control the audio settings directly from the PC.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.