cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RL_MHSD
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

ProDesk 600 G1 multiple monitors

HP Recommended

I am trying to set up 3 monitors using the onboard video with a new ProDesk 600 G1. The two monitors connecting to the DisplayPorts are going thru DP to VGA adapters from StarTech.

I can get all three monitors working, either all extended or all mirrored.

What I am trying to do is mirror two monitors and extend to the 3rd monitor. When I choose this configuration, i get a pop-up window saying "Unable to Save Display Settings". It does not matter which two monitors I mirror, I get the same error. 

I have updated the system BIOS, and tried the latest drivers from HP and from Intel.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit.

Is this configuration possible using the onboard video?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JoelHa
Just joined
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to Intels documentation your only options are either all the displays are in clone configuratoin or extended configuration.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm

0 Kudos
BitByte77
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I know this post is a few years old, but I came across the same issue with a ProDesk 600 G2. The CFO of my company got a TV in his office, and he wanted to do exactly what you wanted. Thanks to the other reply, I was able to know, for sure, that this would not work.

I still wanted to share what I did to resolve this issue, in case anyone else comes across it. I ended up pruchasing a USB 3.0 to 1080p HDMI adapter. Since this adapter requires separate drivers, I was able to achieve having this two monitos on his desk to be extended and mirror his main page to his TV.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation