Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hey there..!! i have the same problem for on my pc too of the same model d530..m also usin windows 7 32-bit..!!

_saqib_
HP Recommended

PhilBene,

Could you show us step by step how to fix the problem? I have same problem and not a IT guy. 

Thanks

Terrace

HP Recommended
I had The same problem as you did with my HP Compaq 530 SFF.
I found the solution on the internet.
So here is what you have to do :
1.Download Driver for Windows XP for your graphics card
2.Save it on your Desktop
3.Right click on setup.exe
4.There should be something called ''Compatibility'' . Click on that
5.Then you should tick the square on the top.
6.Select Windows XP Service Pack 2 from the list on versions below the square
7.Click ''Apply'' and then OK
8.Now run your installer
It should work like this , but if it doesn't let me know 🙂
HP Recommended
I Have Windows 7 on 32 bit no windows XP . Just do as i said and you'll be amazed
HP Recommended
you're a genius Phil !!!!!!!
HP Recommended

Try running the "sp31335.exe" file in windows xp compatiblty mode by right clicking the .exe file and checking run in compatibility mode and choose Windows xp SP3. I had the same problem as well but that fixed it.

HP Recommended

I install Windows 7 Professionl in HP D530 SFF but when i try to install BIOS update from hp official website there is only option of Winows 98, window XP, windows vista but not option for windows 7.

HP Recommended

Hi Athar551,

Your particular PC is an older version and there is no Windows 7 drivers or BIOS update, unfortunately. Are you experiencing any problems or issues?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

dont knowif you still need help but The Intel chipset is on-board. I discovered the reason for the crappy resolution in Windows 7 was that the memory to share with the video card was set to 1 MB in the BIOS. I changed  the auto setting on the cardtoon board and the onboard setting to 8 MB (the maximum) and after the PC rebooted I was able to select a higher resolution.

HP Recommended

better is downloading and installing the free version of "DriverMax."  When you scan your system look for two particular updates: 1. VGA driver and one for the 82865G  I/O controller.  Install both of these and all problems disappear.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.