Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p7-1410
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am receiving error message 0x87af000b since the windows update kb4013418 on 03/15/2017. I tried to unistall this update and it does not allow it. Nobody seems to know how to correct this error code. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @JohninFL,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post that you are getting an error message after the recent Windows update on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

1, Make sure that the computer is up to date.

-Use Support Assistant and Run Windows Update.

2. Make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking the app.

3. Make sure apps are up to date

- Run the Windows Store and check “App updates” under Settings.

Download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter, using this link.

For more additional steps, please follow this link.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet_singh,

I tried all of your suggestions but still have an issue with the Windows 10 store. The troubleshooter is telling me that the cache may be damaged. How do I fix this?

This morning when I went to the store a message popped up telling me that I need a new app to open the store/games but not the app name or number. Do you know what this is and where do I find this app?

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@JohninFL

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I need to know which app is it that you need the store for?

If a particular app isn't installed, you will need to install it for the interface to work, you could alternatively set a program as default under control panel:

To change which apps your system uses to open certain file types, complete the following steps:

1. Press the Windows  + I keys to open the Settings application.

2. Click System to open your system settings.

3. Select the Default apps tab from the menu on the left.

4. Choose any app that you want to change from the list, click it, and click your desired app from the menu that pops up.

5. Close Settings

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion and it did not work. I am trying to download games from the Windows Store. I am now getting the message that I need a new app to open the MS-Window-Store. Do you know what this is? Do you know where I can find this app?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@JohninFL,

Your having an issue with WIN 10 updater, let's fix the errors in the services.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-syste...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I tried the updater and I am still getting the same message when I try to open the Windows Store...You'll need a new app to open MS - Windows - Store.  Does anyone know what this app is or where to get it?

This issue started after update KB4013418 back in March.  I tried to uninstall this update but could not. I tried to do a recovery but it would not let me go back to that date. I don't want to do a factory recovery but I may have no choice.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.