Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a touch smart pc it is an ( all-in-one model: 310-1033/product numberBT566AA #ABA ) i was using it and went to get me a coffee when i came back the screen was black, i could see it had power so i went to the hp web site followed the instructions unplug,hold power etc. did this more then the 3 time suggested and it is still black pulled off the back cleaned any dust and retried the suggestion again to no avail, a neighbor told me to replace the video card but before i do anything thought i might see if anyone here can help me . i also saw that this is a common problem per google but once again a lot of suggestions can anyone please help me with this i do not want to scrape this as i have 3 years worth of info ,pictures, home movies of my children, not to mention 3 chapters of my new book with research stored on it, im not a computer genius and this is my first computer ever so if you can help me please and thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @k_meacham,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your HP TouchSmart 310-1033 Desktop PC is starting up to a blank screen and you are seeking assistance. I am providing you with an HP Support document: Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer, which has been designed to address the very issue you are experiencing. I recommend that you review the document and follow the instructions.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Thank you for your time to try and help me, I did try this before contacting this community, i tried this for several hours to no avail, do you know of any thing else, or what I might need to fix this problem, again thank you for your time.
HP Recommended

Hello again @k_meacham,

Unfortunately, if you have followed that document the only option left is for you to contact HP Technical Support for repair options or a local computer repair shop if you are out of warranty.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as you, can you tell me what your outcome is? Seems like alot of hp touchsmarts are having the same issue. Thanks

HP Recommended

no they did not help me all they did was refer me to the video and if they had actually read my post they would have seen that i already tried it then they told me to take it to a hp repair shop so i also checked and it apears that ALOT  of the hp products are doing this if it was a car they would recall it and fix it my suggestion to you is get a new computer NOT made by hp becuase the price quoted to me its almost the same as buying a new one sorry to hear that you also have this problem good luck :Wink:

HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Omg I have same exact desktop and  have same issue with it. I am so worried I will loose all the data and memories that are stored on that pc. Blank screen and system runs in the back.  Please reply me if you ever got to any solution or how you transferred all your data????? I feel like that buying that HP product was my biggest mistake. So many times its window crashed. I had to factory restore multiple times because it wont boot up.  I will never ever purchase any hp computer again. I wouldn't reccomend it to anybody either.

HP Recommended

The screen is BLACK not BLANK. Big difference. Power is on and the fan hums but nothing else. Tried the f8, f9, f10, f11, f12, tab enter, space, ctrl alt delete.

Suggestions would be appreciated. 

Brett

HP Recommended
I am also having the same problem with my 610-1280qd. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have some things on the hard drive that I need.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.