cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 191 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hpfs.ex. dont work. I try to resolve my probleme, but I couldnt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 18 0 2
Message 192 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggest you read the previous post which may solve your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 193 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do I uninstall?  HP Support Assistant?  HP Support Information?  There is nothing in the Programs that says HPSF?

0 Kudos
Level 2
18 18 0 2
Message 194 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It may be worthwhile having a look at my post on 01-15-2013 12:49 PM number 49 which worked for me and a number of other people - it was on Windows 7 though.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/quot-HPSF-exe-has-stopped-w...

If you're not on Windows 7 I'd suggest you say which operatiing system you're using

Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 195 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you this link resolved my issue.:smileyhappy:

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 196 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

re: your solution to HPSF.EXE has stopped working. Your solution asks me to go to control panel and remove HP Support Asistant. I do not have such a thing. I do have about 15 other HP programs which I have never agreed to being installed! I am so annoyed at HP for all this rubbish that is unclear what it does, I am thinking of removiong everything that starts with HP. PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE CAUSED ME OR I SHALL GO MAD!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 18 0 2
Message 197 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It may be worthwhile having a look at the second part of my post on 01-15-2013 12:49 PM Message 121 of 196 which worked for me and a number of other people - it was on Windows 7 though.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/quot-HPSF-exe-has-stopped-w...

If you're not on Windows 7 I'd suggest you say which operatiing system you're using.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 198 of 198
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. In the end, that's what I did having found another answer on aswersthatwork.com. My life is now full of bliss. Apparently, there is absolutely no need to have the programme anyhow. It's only there so HP can keep tabs on you or something like that. Whatever you choose to do, good luck with it!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation