Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My hpfs.ex. dont work. I try to resolve my probleme, but I couldnt

HP Recommended

I suggest you read the previous post which may solve your problem.

HP Recommended

What do I uninstall?  HP Support Assistant?  HP Support Information?  There is nothing in the Programs that says HPSF?

HP Recommended

It may be worthwhile having a look at my post on 01-15-2013 12:49 PM number 49 which worked for me and a number of other people - it was on Windows 7 though.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/quot-HPSF-exe-has-stopped-w...

If you're not on Windows 7 I'd suggest you say which operatiing system you're using

HP Recommended

Thank you this link resolved my issue.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

re: your solution to HPSF.EXE has stopped working. Your solution asks me to go to control panel and remove HP Support Asistant. I do not have such a thing. I do have about 15 other HP programs which I have never agreed to being installed! I am so annoyed at HP for all this rubbish that is unclear what it does, I am thinking of removiong everything that starts with HP. PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE CAUSED ME OR I SHALL GO MAD!!!!!

HP Recommended

It may be worthwhile having a look at the second part of my post on 01-15-2013 12:49 PM Message 121 of 196 which worked for me and a number of other people - it was on Windows 7 though.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/quot-HPSF-exe-has-stopped-w...

If you're not on Windows 7 I'd suggest you say which operatiing system you're using.

HP Recommended

Hi. In the end, that's what I did having found another answer on aswersthatwork.com. My life is now full of bliss. Apparently, there is absolutely no need to have the programme anyhow. It's only there so HP can keep tabs on you or something like that. Whatever you choose to do, good luck with it!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.