Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset

My HP Reverb G2 VR goggles that I purchased in November 2022 and received in December 2022 suddenly had a large black circle on the left eye screen in March 2023 making it unusable.  I returned for warranty repair on March 14, 2023 and was given a completion date of March 17, 2023.  After that date had passed with no update, I contacted support to see when it might be complete.  The new date is now May 1, 2023.  This seems like an unacceptable delay for the warranty repair.  The goggles were lightly used for a handful of hours making this likely a quality issue during manufacturing.  Would it not make more sense to send a replacement to the customer instead of attempting a repair and delaying the timeline by almost 2 months?  

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation. It seems to me that this type of delay warrants a replacement and NOT a month-long repair. 

HP Recommended

I just got an email yesterday saying that the part they're waiting on is a replacement headset.  So, it seems like they are replacing it, but it will take until May to get a new one.  

HP Recommended

After some research, I see that I can order a new one and have it shipped to me within a few days.  Yet, when I've already bought one and it was defective, it takes over six weeks to get a replacement.  That's terrible customer service in my opinion.  Not sure I'd buy anything from HP again at this rate.  

HP Recommended

I noticed the same thing. It's beyond frustrating. I m thinking about ordering one from the HP store and then returning it once I get the "replacement".  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HP Recommended

Now delayed until June! All while the store still shows them in stock. Absolutely maddening! I just spoke with customer service and they said that the reason is that the replacement headsets are refurbished and that waiting for a replacement to come in takes time. And that usually, it doesn't take as long to replace as the forecasted date. Unfortunately, I can't wait even half this long. So I'm going to need to purchase a replacement. And it won't be an HP. Any suggestions????

HP Recommended

I just got the same email today.  A near 4 month wait for a warranty repair is totally unreasonable.  The right thing to do is for HP to send a new unit versus making a customer wait 3 months (from return in March for repair until June) for a refurbished unit that may or may not be available in June.

I don't know if customer care monitors these forums, but if they do, they need to make this right and soon.  I am planning on starting a return at the end of the week of my VR headset and purchasing one that is not manufactured by HP.  Mine had a factory defect and failed 3 months after purchase and now I have to wait almost 4 months for a replacement when they are currently available for sale?  That is unsatisfactory by any measure.

As for a different headset, I'm not sure.  I need to research that myself.

HP Recommended

@Rodrigo496 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No private message was ever received.  

On another note, I had escalated this issue with customer support and spoke with an agent.  I explained that I wanted a refund since I am unwilling to wait until at least June for my headset that was sent in for a warranty repair in mid-March.  She told that she could send a new unit from the warehouse within a few days and that was acceptable to me in lieu of a refund.  I would receive a shipping notification when it was sent out.  Almost two weeks have gone by and no shipping notification.  I have tried emailing and calling this agent for days now and she is unreachable.  

The only thing I can say about this situation is that this is a totally unacceptable customer experience.  Here are the facts:

- Headset purchased at the end of November 2022, received in mid December 2022.

- By the end of February 2023, the headset became unusable due to a large bright pixel area in the left eye and a massive black circle that appeared.  Headset used in a basement room with no windows, not caused by headset being exposed to sun.

- Headset sent in for warranty repair in mid-March, was initially told I would receive it back on 17 March.

- In late March, received a notification it would not be sent back until May due to a replacement not being available.

- I looked and I could purchase a new one and receive it within 3 days.

- A few days later, I received a notification I would not receive it back until June.

- I called customer support to start a refund because waiting until June (at least?) was a non-starter.

- Customer support escalated the issue when I said I wanted a refund, this was 10 April.  The customer support escalations agent told me they could send me a new replacement unit within a few days which was acceptable to me.

- I heard nothing by 14 April and attempted to contact the customer support agent I spoke with (was given phone number, extension, and email) and left a message and an email on 14 April, 17 April, and 18 April...nothing heard and still no replacement being shipped.

I can only say after all this that this is one of the worst customer support experiences I've had.  I've purchased many HP products in the past.  After this, I recommend that anyone interested in an HP Reverb G2 look elsewhere.  Your product will likely have a defect and when you try to get it repaired under warranty, you will get the run around and will be out a headset for months.  Buyer beware.

HP Recommended

What a JOKE! I've also not heard a thing from HP. Complete waste of money and time. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.