Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'm trying to set up my Reverb G2.

When plugging in the USB3 connection the device is recognized and the Mixed Reality Portal software starts up. The software gives an Error 1-4 and asks me to check the display cable connection. When I subsequently plug in the Display Port both integrated (Intel) and discrete (Radeon) display drivers seem to crash. The Device Manager shows both devices as 'being stopped due to problems' (yellow exclamation mark on the item). Both the G2 and Hololens Sensor do appear in the Device Manager.

I've tried:

• all USB3 ports on my PC
  • all display ports on my graphics card
  • various AMD Radeon drivers (Recommended and Optional versions)
  • uninstalling the Windows MR Portal
  • uninstalling the HP Reverb G2 from the Device Manager
  • uninstalling the Hololens Sensor from the Device Manager

but none helped..

PC Specs:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2
  • ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
  • Intel Core i7 8700K
  • ATI Radeon RX 580 Series 8GB
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

I've got the same problem.  I've got a ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard.  My G2 ran for about 2 minutes before it went black.  Now when I try to start WMR it doesn't recognize my usb 3.0 ports sometimes.  When it says my system meets requirements and I go to the next step I get the error code. 

HP Recommended

Good to know I'm not the only one...

When I connect the USB3 connection, it is still fine. After I plug in the Display Port, both my integrated and dedicated graphics drivers crash. When I check the Device Manager, I actually see that the OS reverts back to a Microsoft Basic Display driver. 

I tried:

- uninstalling the Windows MR Portal

- uninstalling the HP Reverb G2 from the Device Manager

- uninstalling the Hololens from the Device Manager

but none helped..

PC Specs:

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2

- ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac

- Intel Core i7 8700K

- ATI Radeon RX 580 Series 8GB

HP Recommended

I found a topic over on Reddit that suggests there are widespread USB issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k0jhph/any_official_response_from_hp_regarding_usb/ 

Not sure if somehow related, as for me the issues only happen after connecting the DP.

HP Recommended

I've got the same issues - despite what USB port I use I just get a different error.   Support wants to exchange the unit, however last night it worked without issue, today back to this error.   HP needs to figure out what is wrong with their headsets, this seems more like a firmware issue than a hardware issue.  

HP Recommended

Okay, I've figured out the culprit: my Philips TV connected over HDMI. When I connect a regular monitor over DP, everything works as advertized.

HP Recommended

Same issues here on g2 reverb with hero maximus xii board and 3080 - 75% of the time I can't get the headset to work.  They offered to replace this but it's not a hardware issue - comon HP fix this issue

HP Recommended

Same here. Can't run Reverb G2 AT ALL! 

I tried all USB ports, different mother board, my friend's PC, external and PCI-e USB 3.0 adapters.

USB 3.0 drivers are from Microsoft ver. 10.0.19041.662. Windows 10 is updated.

i7-10700K

Gigabyte RTX3080 Eagle OC

MSI MPG Z490 mb (also tried Gigabyte Z490 UD mb)

32 Gb Ram

HP Recommended

Same here, Windows **bleep**ing sucks

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, I couldn't get the G2 to connect no matter what port I used (USB-A or USB-C)  on an Asus x570-e. I got it working by plugging it into a 7 port Orico USB Hub, and plugging the Hub into one of the USB-A ports on the PC. Has worked flawlessly since then. The Hub wasn't even plugged in so wasn't powered. I have no idea why this would fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.