Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Reverb G2 was working fine until recently. The activity light on the headset doesn't turn on and the headset is not detected by Mixed Reality Portal. The power light on the OCuLink adapter does turn on when the power connector is plugged in. I already tried rebooting my system and using different USB/Displayports, none of which seem to make a difference. The headset is always connected to my PC, and I didn't change anything about my setup, so my guess is that it's a problem with the OCuLink cable. 

Whenever I try to use the official HP support page it just keeps saying "Sorry, we are unable to determine if there are any support agent options for your location at this time. You can use other resources below or please try again later." Hence my message here. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Obi_Wol 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem

HP Recommended
Product: HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11(64-Bit), 22H2, Build 22621.1555
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS
CPU: Ryzen R5 5600X
GPU: Radeon RX 6700X
Product Number: 1N0T5A

Hello, i have exactly the same issue, my G2 was working fine until a week ago, i didnt change anything, all connection are in the same position, didnt change USB cables or slot , the HP PSU is working, but the light on the Headset does not turn on, 

the headset is detected on my pc, 
dhgouveia_0-1682406218347.png

but the app shows me as Error 4-1

dhgouveia_1-1682406401630.png

After it wasnt turning on anymore i swapped between several usb slot, didnt help, change displayport slot, didnt help, i even connected to a secondary pc and didnt help either

HP Recommended

Dhgouveia, Since you won't get a reply from these guys... I found the only solution was to re install windows fresh 😞 

HP Recommended

For me the problem was indeed the cable, my device was still under warranty so HP sent me a new cable and the headset was working fine again. Although it seems like your problem is a little different than mine, I didn't get a single error message and the headset simply wasn't able to connect. It does seem like your problem might be cable related too though, if it is still under warranty I'd recommend getting in touch with HP support

HP Recommended

Yeap it seems to be Cable related, i tried in a different system and still unable to turned on, so is not my pc, i've trying to get in contact via support but as soon i fill the form, it just doesnt send it 😩

HP Recommended

Yeah I had the same problem with the form, I just ended up calling them and they were very forthcoming. If you look around a bit you should be able to find the number of a callcenter in or near your country.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.