Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community

I bought a Reverb in November and have been having severe issues with random tracking errors since. I waited to submit a post on it as I hoped it was just teething problems and that it would be patched out, however the problem seems to be getting worse.

Whilst playing anything and even sometimes just being in the MRP home, the tracking will suddenly drop and the headset will slowly start rotating around until upside down etc. After a few seconds the tracking will reestablish and reset to the original position but this can take anywhere from 2 seconds to 15 seconds and is etremely disorientating and annoying. There is currently no way to tell when this effect will occur, sometimes it is immediatly after the last instance, or sometimes 5 minutes in between.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with this and managed to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After having done a complete format and reinstall of windows overnight, the system seems to be working flawlessly now. the exact cause of the error remains unknown however. probably some driver conflict somewhere.

Thanks for all the support given up to this point!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Scholey
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the HP Reverb. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thankyou very much for your reply Echo, I shall contact support later and report back on the forum

HP Recommended

@Scholey
Thank you for posting back, 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.  

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Managed to get in touch with HP support yesterday and they are RMAing the headset.

Once ive received it and tested it ill report back!

HP Recommended

@Scholey Alright that seems like a plan, 
Get back to us with the details,

And good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Time to report!

Headset arrived today and ive just had chance to test it.

It is with a heavy heart that i must say it has made no difference.

I reinstaled the mixed reality portal, and I now get an error telling me the headset has lost the room bounds. In light of this new error, I attempted to clear the room cache in MRP however this also made no difference.

Any one got any further advice on this matter regarding this feedback? the only thing i can think of is to give windows a complete reinstall

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Are there any known issues with Ryzen Threadripper processors when using this hardware? I just installed the whole lot on my super old i7 3770 system, and even with an inferior GC (gtx1060 compared to rtx2080) its running fine... only other difference between the systems is 32gb in my main rig, 16 in the old. both running win10 x64

HP Recommended

@Scholey
Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After having done a complete format and reinstall of windows overnight, the system seems to be working flawlessly now. the exact cause of the error remains unknown however. probably some driver conflict somewhere.

Thanks for all the support given up to this point!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.