Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently purchased a reverb g2 and it keeps showing error 7-14 in WMR and the usb device is coming up as unknown device on the device manager. I have a lenovo legion tower 5 with a amd ryzen 7 core and rtx 3060, I already tried updating all the drivers, updating windows, installing new chipset drivers for my motherboard also installing a usb 3.0 expansion card,a usb 3.0 powered hub and both at once! Now the Rev 2 cable was supposed to solve all these problems according to online forums, however my reverb g2 came with the rev2 cable. I did plug in my headset into another pc and I receive the same errors even with the usb hub, I am at a dead end at this point and now I believe something is wrong with my headset or cable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @geov4n,

This issue might require one on one interaction to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with the steps to talk to HP Support. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @geov4n 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing issues with HP G2Reverb.

If you're seeing a 7-14 “something went wrong” error, try the following steps:

• Make sure that you have the most recent drivers installed for your headset and your USB controller.
  • Make sure you're using a Microsoft USB driver. There should be a “Microsoft” in the name of the "eXtensible Host Controller" device.
  • Try plugging the cable into a different USB-3.0 port on your computer. (Try USB Type-C and Type-A ports)
  • Use the included USB C to A adapter to try different ports.
  • Try plugging the headset in through a USB Hub to your computer.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thankyou for replying to my post, But as I mentoned earlier, I have already tried all these solutions and just about everything I could find online to fix tge problem and nothing is working I keep getting 7-14

HP Recommended

Hi @geov4n,

This issue might require one on one interaction to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with the steps to talk to HP Support. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help, I was finally able to contact a support agent and he ended up sending me a new rev 2 cable, now rest assured that this solved my problem and am now able to connect to WMR... Perhaps it could of just been a bad batch. But despite all the trouble I went through to finally get it to work, I love this headset!...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.