cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Cant get Memory to run at 3200GHz *or* RGB to work correctly!

HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased 32GB 3200MGz HyperX fury RGB memory to replace my 16BG HyperX kit and despite HP saying that the Omen 25L memory is "fully upgradeable" there is no option to get it to run faster than 2400MHz despite the old memory running at 3200MGz! Also can't control the RGB function at all! Is there a fix for either of these issues?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 5
202 192 10 47
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its not going to happen, any memory purchased outside HP store can't be controlled trough the Omen Command Center, it will default to the stock speeds.

Only memory purchased via them for $158 per 8GB is approved, as its micro-coded in the bios, the only option for people like us is to spend a lot of money or use Ryzen Master/Intel XTU to enable the XMP profile on our own, but not "advisable" by HP. 

So, basically welcome to our nightmare, at least you ordered it with 16GB, as many of us got only the cheapest 8GB version with the idea to upgrade on our own, as its the easiest and most simple upgrade that anyone can do. 

Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so is there any advantage to running 32GB @2400 over 16GB @ 3200? is it worth keeping or what?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
202 192 10 47
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well if you don't need the speed and just the amount, that's the obvious advantage. But even at the 3200mhz that sock memory is using a JEDEC profile with extremely slow timings CL22/22/22, if you find faster 2666mhz (CL15/16) or 3600mhz 16CL (that will default to 2666mhz) you are looking at faster transfer speeds compared to 3200mhz CL22.  

Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yeah it looks like its running at @2400 MHz CL17. So screw it. I'll just keep it. I did speak multiple times with HP customer service and they said that they are "aware of the issue" and will get back to me "as soon as possible". Pretty sure the don't give a **bleep**.

0 Kudos
Level 5
202 192 10 47
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes you are correct on your assumption, I had the 30L since July and spent literally hours upon hours on the phone with multiple levels of sales and support people over at HP, and I am not expecting any favorable for us resolution of this major issue. 

So for me at least, I can educate all the potential customers and advise them to order the maximum amount that they need when configuring the computer initially, and not plan to upgrade on their own.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation