Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X 900-000nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why DTS CONNECT is not available over OPTICAL OUT ? Is there a way to get DTS Connect in some future driver release ?
I only use OPTICAL OUT and the DTS panel doesn’t offer anything , not even  EQ or anything else in that regard ..so what kind of DTS that is ? 

Because of that I consider to put an AUDIO CARD in I have this in mind :

http://us.creative.com/p/sound-cards/sound-blaster-z

However that pitiful mobo inside has only one PCI 16 Express available ... can this be used for that card ?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Darko71

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi@Darko71,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in understanding the expansion slot available on the PC. Is that, correct?

If you have a PCIx1 slot available, you can surely use it for the independent sound card on the PC. It will definitely work for you.

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

For the PCIe 16 slot I figure out alredy that I may use it for the soundcard I posted link Creative SB Z , so if I use it for that I can forget SLI ... OK ,  however you didnt answer anything regardin onboard audio and DTS CONNECT ? So is ther a paln for it as the onboard  Realtek chip ALC1150 is completly able to do DTS CONNECT and DOLBY LIVE over OPTICAL OUT.

Why are this fetures missing ?  DTS CONNECT or DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE ?? please explain .

I consider OMEN X as PRIME machine , flagship or however you want to name it and yet full DTS implementation is missing despite the fact that onboard ALC1150 is fully capable to do it..please explain ? 

Thanks ! 

HP Recommended

Hey@Darko71,

Thanks for the response.

The PC has an SPDIF out option, however, not the DTS connect.

If you still need the DTS Connect option, you will have to install the external sound card which will disable the internal card up on installing

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

DTS.JPG

Surprise , Surprise !!! well I paid way too much for this rig to spend more on aditional cards when the onboard chip is able to do it ..and here is the proof ...hp doesnt want to pay for DTS licence...well ther is a way to do it .
Both are perfectly working DTS-I & DDL & Connect the sound AMAZING! 

HP Recommended

@Darko71

Thanks for letting us know. We appreciate your feedback. Glad to know that it is working.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

It would be great if your  DRIVER TEAM would do it instead of me cooking

the m, but thanks!

Check in your Lab on one of available OMEN X how it looks like on your end and compare with my screen shot , then you might understand what Im talking about.

Best ! 😉

HP Recommended

@Darko71

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

HP Recommended

Fingers crossed but I seriously doubt that your DEV.Team will give us this great ability of the onboard ALC1150 and OPTICAL OUT. 
I have it set to DTS Interactive and plugged to my Logitech Z902 5.1 Speakers it is an absolute hammer. The OMEN just got more of a bad boy and I believe that it would add a nice touch to the whole OMEN X concept and a great upgrade that could win harts & minds of the gamers and multimedia enthusiasts.

Honestly It doesn’t have to be both DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live however it would be for the best but one of them I advocate DTS Interactive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.