Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HP for the love of god provide us with a solution for this extremely annoying problem. My desktop is placed literary beside my bed at the top of the table where i sleep and it keeps blinking on my eye. Im not willing to loose the sleep feature just for this. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this thread and the lack of meaningful response from HP is far too typical. They don't carefully read the question and provide a meaningful answer. My guess is that an automated system pops up the closest match on their screen, and that's sent as a reply. Since HP won't do any research, in 5 minutes I found a workaround answer on a Dell forum.

The flashing power light when in sleep mode is a Windows function. Unfortunately, the big Omen light goes to full brightness and looks like a lighthouse on a rocky shore when flashing. Obviously, it stops when the system is shut down, but it also stops in hibernation mode. That's currently the only option I can find. Waking up from hibernation isn't much faster than from a shutdown, but it does maintain all open windows and programs. You may have to enable hibernation in your power plan, and you can assign that action to the power button.

It's up to you to decide if this is a viable answer. It's up to HP to find a way to control that light beacon in sleep mode.

HP Recommended

Absolutely no update to this day, just more and more frustrated customers even with the new (completely unnecessary imo) "omen light studio"...

HP Recommended

Really wish they would fix this. Super annoying. Also thinking about returning the whole computer...

HP Recommended

While I wouldn't say that this is a "permanent solution" , it is absolutely  a temporary fix. Hibernation takes longer to start from, it does however turn of all the lights completely.

It would be great if HP could just update their own hardware/software to play better with windows and make their own "light house" omen styled light turn off when in sleep mode.

HP Recommended

What's so vital about the sleep feature that you'd rather return the PC then just turn it off at night? It's not like these things take long to boot with an NVMe SSD. Some other reason im not aware of?

HP Recommended

My previous post was about using hibernate, and that seemed to be a solution to the nighttime beacon. However, I have ended up returning my Omen because I could never cure its blue screening and failure to load Windows. This was after several Windows resets, three full image restores of the C drive and operating system, and numerous sessions with Omen Premium support.

I don't know if others of you have been fighting this issue, but I was tired of finding it to be a crapshoot if my computer would start ... especially after any Windows updates. Too bad. Otherwise, it had a lot going for it.

HP Recommended

For the reason of longevity mostly. The power cycle is what takes a toll on the components. Just restart it once every few months and that should be plenty. The power consumption in sleep mode is negligible. Also, fast boot time and convenience. 

I am also thinking about returning it for this reason. Incredibly disappointing that HP does not seem to care more about their customers. Sad indeed. Such a simple and fix on their side.

I am currently looking for a way to kill the LED/cut a wire as it serves no function to me. Not a fan of RBG anyways. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

EDIT

I found a solution! I just plugged out the led-connector from the motherboard. The picture is taken below the GPU with the PSU on the left. Make sure to secure it with a strip or similar to prevent it from beeing sucked into a fan. And don't attempt this if you have no prior experience working on computers. It may void the warranty.
IMG_20210414_175636.jpg

HP Recommended

This does do the trick... however, I like the rgb (although I mostly have it on white). It would be great if we could just get the lighthouse light to turn off when the computer is in sleep mode.

HP Recommended

Has this issue been resolved for when the Desktop is in SLEEP mode (not during operation)? The world waits...........

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.