Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 25l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I recently bought an HP Omen 25l with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU.

It has a stock liquid cooling system (Cooler Master, I think) but the CPU reaches almost 65°C just browsing on Chrome. I tried to leave it on without any open application and it goes up to 53°C randomly.

I downloaded Warface (game) to check its performance and it reached 95°C. I also downloaded NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) and it reached almost 80°C.

I should use it for project renderings too, but I'm worried to do some damage.

What can I do in order to cool the CPU? Should I add some air fans or it doesn't make any difference?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Under Power Options, try setting "Maximum processor state" to 99% and that is basically taking out turbo boost power and it should help a lot with temp as temporary solution.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Sorry I can't answer your question but I am curious - what chipset is out motherboard? I didn't know any 25L supported 3rd gen ryzen

HP Recommended

Under Power Options, try setting "Maximum processor state" to 99% and that is basically taking out turbo boost power and it should help a lot with temp as temporary solution.

HP Recommended

Ok I'll try. Thanks

HP Recommended

Nothing seems changed. Temperature still high🙄

Tried to make a fan stress test with HP Hardware Diagnosis application but fans were getting very, very loud and I was so terrified I had to stop it😂 my bad..

At the moment I am browsing on Amazon and CPU randomly goes from 45°C to 71°C! **bleep**!! I don't know, maybe there's a background app but that's just insane. While I am writing this the temperature is still around 70°C.... I think I'll buy like 2 air fans. Do you recommend to replace the stock ones? (Really loud)

HP Recommended

Anything's worth trying at this point. Make sure your case bottom isn't blocked by like carpet or something. Front and bottom are where air is supposed to go in.

I've replaced both back and top fans with Noctua fans and added 3 at the bottom as per attached. It's a lot quieter and less warmer compared to when I just got the rig.

I'm very surprised 99% max power didn't do anything for you. It dropped my temp by about 15 to 20. Just in case you didn't do it right, I attached the screenshot also. Good luck.

Capture.JPG

IMG_20210508_171019.jpgIMG_20210508_171028.jpgIMG_20210508_171038.jpgIMG_20210508_171042.jpgIMG_20210514_181359.jpg

HP Recommended

Nope, didn't work. Pictures looking like triangle icons and not actual pics. I'm not sure why that would be but here's a link.

https://imgur.com/a/c8ARZKY

HP Recommended

I see you actually have 4 fans. My case only has two stock fans😂. I just bought 2 Corsair ML120 from Amazon. Thank you very much for your time.

I'll let you know if it gets better!

HP Recommended

No problem at all. Actually, total 6 to be precise. 1 front, 1 back, 1 top and 3 at the bottom. Hope it works out for ya.

HP Recommended

Nothing. Absolutely 0. I'm so disappointed... I think I'll send it back. The only thing I didn't do is to replace thermal paste but I don't think they'll accept it for a refund

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.