Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30 L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Newly Bought HP Omen from best buy ,less than a week old ( No I did not loot it ).

The Hyperx Fury memory card is constantly on and changing color , very fast , It does not show up in the OMEN command center, I cannot change settings there,

It was not constantly on for the first couple days I used the Computer. There were numerous widows updates , that I could not prevent from downloading, ( normal I think for a new comp)

Please advise me on how I can get the lights off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rc_dude  I was able to upload the file to my Google Drive. It might be that HP is going to update the file and thus why its not available in the FTP page.

You can give it a try if you like...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12rbYSJzgbkey0KgbfCORLZiF32w9OxaF/view?usp=sharing

I noticed Google took several minutes before I could download it for testing. be patient if the download appears to hang on you also.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

"Newly Bought HP Omen from best buy ,less than a week old ( No I did not loot it )."

Glad to hear that... 😂

"The Hyperx Fury memory card is constantly on and changing color , very fast , It does not show up in the OMEN command center, I cannot change settings there"

Correct, the OCC does not have the ability to change the RGB  on the ram.

Edit: According to user Farr9412 on the next page, he was able to get the HyperX lighting to work in the OCC by re-seating the ram.

Give this a try along with making sure you have the latest updates for the OCC, including the Omen SDK Package from your models drivers page. The OCC has been reported as having glitches that HP has been working on. Uninstall it and reinstall it from the Microsoft Store. Update the latest SDK package from your systems drivers page on the HP website.

HP Recommended

I somewhat have the same issue as the op. Recently bought an HP GT13-0024. Ryzen 3700X with 16GB HyperX Fury RAM. Omen Command Center displays the ram, but the rgb lights are stuck in one setting. OCC even lets you make changes to the rgb settings, but when you click 'apply', nothing happens.

I tried downloading the Kingston Ngenuity app, but it does not recognize the ram. Tried chatting with HP support and they can't figure it out.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input @rc_dude 

If its now giving you the option in the Omen Command Center (OCC) to be changed but not working, HP needs to fix it. BTW HP is giving us here in the forum no heads up on these issues, so we are waiting to hear any upcoming info.

Until then, try this...

First and foremost, create a Restore Point before updating the files below.

If you don't know what a restore point is, click the link below and read up...

System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

Then...

Uninstall what ever you have and reinstall the latest from here... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Then install this (currently its version10.2.8.0)... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

and this... OMEN Command Center SDK Package sp105569.exe

And then force Windows to check for updates, even if it shows its up to date.

Reboot and see if it works.

If it stays the same, HP needs to fix it.

BTW, with your AMD CPU, the OCC doesn't offer Overclocking for it does it?

If not, its been a hot topic also and I have no further info on that either.

HP Recommended

Thank you Photoray002, but still no joy on the HyperX Fury RAM.

And no, overclocking is not an option shown in OCC for the AMD cpu. At least not in my machine.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Just to bring you up to speed on the overclocking issue...

I see the options sheet has changed at some point. AMD was overclockable on previous Omen models, but the option check mark has since been removed on the Obelisk series (The L series is just a revamp of Obelisk). It would seem HP has decided to no longer provide over clocking on AMD builds, only Intel. I am not sure why.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05387497

Edit: not part of the original issue, but if you're interested...

Others have reported using AMD Ryzen Master Utility works on Omen desktops for overclocking an unlocked AMD cpu. Take notice of your heatsink. HP only installs the AiO liquid coolers on their overclockable machines. Be mindful of your temps.

HP Recommended

@rc_dude @Atticus2045 

Memory lighting cannot be controlled, please try to reinstall OMEN SDK. here is OMEN SDK for your product GT13-00XXX

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105569.exe

HP Recommended

I am now having the same issue. They were working fine until I had an update. Now they have no response in the Omen Command Center (OCC)  and it is stuck in the color cycle.

I am also curious as to whether this computer will have the ability to Overclock in OCC. Hopefully HP can get a wrap on these issues pretty quick. Although it is a fairly new PC and minor bugs are to be expected.   

-JAMES 

HP Recommended

@Currie618 

Looking at the recent updates to the OCC compatibility chart, the Obelisk series does not have overclocking for AMD CPUs. This would most likely include the L series since its just a revamp of the Obelisk.

The only series that overclocked an AMD CPU was the older Omen 880 series.

Interesting, your system would change the HyperX lighting, but not since updates.

Hopefully HP will fix this soon.

To speed up the process of reporting the issue, open the OCC and at the bottom, click on the Feedback link. Explain the issue and it will get to the OCC team more quickly than my reporting it. You will need an email client like Outlook or Windows Mail to use the Feedback link.

HP Recommended

Photoray002, I actually did what you suggested, sending Feedback, more than a week ago. Didn't hear a squeak or whisper from HP.   😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.