Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L GT13-1094
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased this Omen tower yesterday from Best Buy. When i put it to sleep, it struggles to wake back up. So if i put it to sleep (from the start menu) it ends up dark with only the omen diamond flashing white. Then if i touch the keyboard it may or may not wake. The fans start to spin, maybe the rgb lights on the memory come on, display may flicker, then it just goes black and silent again. I am thinking to return this as i have already reset windows and its still doing the same thing. As another user posted about a similiar problem, i tried to update the bios, but the only bios available is apparently older and hp assistant will not allow me to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

@Tomachete

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP omen desktop does not wake up from sleep mode. 

If the computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate mode, restarting the computer, changing settings, or updating the software and drivers might resolve the issue. 

Use HP Support Assistant to find and install updates, including BIOS updates, for your computer with Windows.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon  in the taskbar.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.

2. On the My devices tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.

3. Click Check for updates and messages to get the latest updates.

4. Wait while HP Support Assistant analyzes the system.

5. After the analysis completes, select the listed updates, download and install the updates, and then follow any on-screen instructions.

6. If prompted, restart the computer, and then close the tool.

if the issue persists, try this Article: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate issues in Windows 10  By the end of the article you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That really stinks! I feel your pain. Boot times are decent with my 30L. My issues are with sleep only. Sometimes when i put it in sleep some of the lights cut off but fans keep turning and rgb ram stays lit up, omen diamond stays solid in whatever color ive chosen (no flashing white sleep indication). Then when i try to wake the pc it may not even come back on or comes back in an unusable state and must be restarted. This is very frustrating and i will probably return it.

HP Recommended

Yeah i have the same issue with the rgb ram.. omen gaming hub is broken and has been for months from what ive read. The temps are not accurate either compared to other utilities which is odd.

HP Recommended

@Tomachete

Thank you for posting back. 

Thank you for remaining patient.

This seems like a software driver glitch that is causing the issue. If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I posted about this on here too! I have returned mine once and have the same problem with a second computer! However I have had some luck with leaving the performance option in the middle instead of on best performance. But this does not fix it every time. Occasionally I still have to manually unplug the computer. Most of the time this one is waking up but I have seen it lock up as well. This is a disturbing problem and I really hope we can get this sorted. 

HP Recommended

To the HP support person: this is NOT an acceptable solution. There needs to be a fix for both sleep/wake and the flashing sleep light (the ability to turn it off).

HP Recommended

That is so discouraging to hear that you exchanged it and still having the same problem with the new one. I was on phone with support for hours reinstalling windows and changing settings. I have to call back in to let them know it did not correct the issue with sleep. I have 45 days as a Best Buy elite plus member to return this, thank goodness. Such a disappointment.

HP Recommended

Did reinstalling windows fix the problem? I am having the same issue, I got this desktop from best buy and have only had it for a couple of days. I worked with HP chat support and they are sending me a USB to reinstall windows from. I just don't know if it will arrive before my BB return period ends. Reading all the posts with people having the same problem I have not found one that says they have solved the issue so it makes me want to return this and get something totally different. 

HP Recommended

No it did not. I ended up exchanging the Omen. New one does not have these issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.