Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0197c
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm looking to possibly upgrade my system, unfortunately I've never had a desktop of this caliber until now. I would like to update the graphics card, the power supply, storage upgrade, the RGB's, More fans, and some other stuff once I look and see what I want and can do. I also would like to know how to clean the inside of it, as it is starting to get dusty on the inside and some of the fans look super dusty. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JokerJ87 , welcome back to the Community.

You have packed a lot into one thread!  😉

Here are the Product Specifications for your computer.  You can look at the sections titled "Processor upgrade information" and "Memory upgrade information" for all of the information on upgrading these two components.  Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when adding or upgrading your video card.  The power supply unit (PSU) in your computer is a standard ATX version.  This means that any ATX PSU that will fit into your case will work.  I like Corsair products.  They will give you clean, stable, power for gaming.  Read the section in the article that I provided on the wattage recommended.  You will have to check the FAN blocks to make certain that there are enough to power more fans.  Here is a video that will explain how to get the case pressure correct.

Cleaning the computer is not an exact science.  I use a blower (Mecco "Eleverde") to remove the majority of the superficial dust.  You have to be cautious when using a blower not to use too much power on small components and fans.  It doesn't take long to pay for the blower when not using compressed air.  It is expensive.  Then, I use some Static-Free brushes to remove the tougher dust from the fans and other surfaces.  A coffee filter with some 90% Isopropyl Alcohol is good for removing any remaining dust.  There are numerous videos online that will show you how to clean it.  Always use caution when working inside of the case.  I have an Anti-Static Wrist Strap that I use.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JokerJ87 , welcome back to the Community.

You have packed a lot into one thread!  😉

Here are the Product Specifications for your computer.  You can look at the sections titled "Processor upgrade information" and "Memory upgrade information" for all of the information on upgrading these two components.  Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when adding or upgrading your video card.  The power supply unit (PSU) in your computer is a standard ATX version.  This means that any ATX PSU that will fit into your case will work.  I like Corsair products.  They will give you clean, stable, power for gaming.  Read the section in the article that I provided on the wattage recommended.  You will have to check the FAN blocks to make certain that there are enough to power more fans.  Here is a video that will explain how to get the case pressure correct.

Cleaning the computer is not an exact science.  I use a blower (Mecco "Eleverde") to remove the majority of the superficial dust.  You have to be cautious when using a blower not to use too much power on small components and fans.  It doesn't take long to pay for the blower when not using compressed air.  It is expensive.  Then, I use some Static-Free brushes to remove the tougher dust from the fans and other surfaces.  A coffee filter with some 90% Isopropyl Alcohol is good for removing any remaining dust.  There are numerous videos online that will show you how to clean it.  Always use caution when working inside of the case.  I have an Anti-Static Wrist Strap that I use.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

HP Recommended

Thank You So Much

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @JokerJ87!  Always glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.