Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880-100NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will the tampa 2 motherboard support Rtx 2060 I currently have 1060 3gb nvidia graphic card and want to upgrade but don’t know if the RTX Would work

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi, yes

You have to check if the chosen model will fit easily
And if the power supply is powerful enough
But for example, same motherboard:

OMEN by HP 880-573nf Desktop PC Product Specifications

Tampa2 motherboard specifications.

nVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 FH (8 GB)

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Will-the-Tampa-2-Motherboard-Support-GeForce-RTX-2080/...

So no problem with 2060 i think

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

what do you mean by if it will fit easily because I have the correct power supply and I want a ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8 GB Dual Evo Graphics Card but would that be compatible with this motherboard. what do you specifically mean by size

HP Recommended

Sorry, I'm going through a google translation, not easy
That should be good, but I'm talking about the length of the graphics card compared to the place in the pc
Is that clear ?

your graphique card :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB)

• Form Factor: ATX (full height) PCB with ATX dual slot bracket
  • Dimensions: 11.2 cm x 17.3 cm (4.4 x 6.8 in)

OMEN by HP 880-100na Desktop PC Product Specifications

[edit] yes it is

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

model is hp omen 880 - 100na 

HP Recommended

118 x 58 x 267 mm is the dimensions for the graphic card would it fit with the tampa 2 motherboard

HP Recommended

I can't say, what I can't verify
You have to open and measure the space in the case!
With the card in place, you should be able to check if there is still margin (not sure of the translation)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

so did you say it would function fine if it fitted inside the card

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/25299220/do...

Rtx 2080

Yes, must be ok

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

no would the 2060 super 8gb be ok not 2080

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.