Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Omen x model P1000-010, with backpack and 2 external batteries.

I cannot operate HTC Vive pro or any Games that need resources.

I'm using original 330W power supply and getting same results.

I did all tests from HP download and they say that all ok. But, I have another Omen x that works great. I changed batteries between them but same problem.

Looks that it's under power economy mode, the CPI and the Video card.

Let me know what to do

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@eddie1973

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform a power drain on the computer

1. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

2. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

3. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

4. With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

5. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

6. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

7. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

Perform BIOS default

1. Turn on the computer, and then click F10, until the BIOS opens.

2. Under the Main tab, use the up and down arrow keys to select Restore Defaults.

Figure : Restore Defaults

Image: Restore Defaults
  3. Select Yes.

Figure : Load Defaults

Image: Load Defaults
  4. Under the Main tab, use the up and down arrow keys to select Save Changes and Exit.

Figure : Save Changes and Exit

Image: Save Changes and Exit
  5. When prompted, click Yes to save changes and exit.

Figure : Click Yes

Image: Click Yes

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, we did exactly as written. 100%

But the problem on this PC still remains.

Please see both tests

You can see the problem. One is good Omenx and second is the bad one. 2019-09-25 21.37.14.jpg

Both connected to same type of PS , original with 2 batteries full charged inside the backpack.

Please help.....

HP Recommended

@eddie1973

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I tested again, after whole day test with power supply the pc works 100% perfect. The problem appears only when using external batteries. 
The external batteries are full charged , new from box, I tested other as well, and still the problem remains. Look like the pc going for saving energy like it's working with its own internal battery. The FPS in test mode jumping from 116FPS to 30FPS 

I checked all power save options, but all of them are correct, same as my other backpack. 

Battery icon in windows: 
Battery 1: 97% and not charging
Battery 2 : 0% and not charging 
Battery 3: 96% and in use. 
Battery saver: 0% 

Please help ASAP 

Thank you very much 
HP Recommended

@eddie1973

Test the battery using HP Hardware Diagnostics

1. Turn on the computer.

2. Search for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, right-click the app in the search results, and then select Run as administrator.

Clicking Run as administrator

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version, go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures website.

3. Click Component Tests in the main menu.

Selecting Component Tests on the Main Menu

4. In the list of Component Tests, click Power.

Selecting Power in Component Tests

5. Select Battery Check, and then click Run once.

6. Wait while the test is in progress. The Battery Test takes about two minutes.

Waiting while the test completes

7. Click Finish on the Component Tests page.

Clicking finish in the component test window

8. Select Test Logs to see the results of the battery test.

Selecting Test Logs in the HP PC diagnostic main menu

9. When the testing is done, review the test logs that display for the status or condition of the battery.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did that and got positive answer. My batteries are perfect. 

I dont know why with power supply all works perfect, but on Original new batteries it go down 70% less graphic and  CPU power. 

And it's not stable as well. Jumps between 30%-50% , at GPU test. 

HP Recommended

@eddie1973

I appreciate all your time and efforts!

You have tried most of the steps that could ve resolve the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for further assistance. 

Click here: www.hp.com/contacthp

Keep me posted on further assistance. I hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.