Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion power desktop 580-0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi. i want to upgrade my pcs graphics card from a nividia 1050 to a nividia 2080

i was wondering if the 2080 would fit into my pc and work? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jaydencrawford , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster hi thanks for getting back to me.

the product number is 2BV39EA#ABU

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Jaydencrawford!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what you have to consider when upgrading your video card.  Your system has UEFI.  This is not a problem for you.  However, you will have to upgrade your PSU, also.  If you read the article that I provided it will explain what to look for in a PSU.  The length of the card is very important.  The space around the card must allow for good airflow.  After reading the article if you still have unanswered questions, let me know.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.