Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce002nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The first thing I did when I got my laptop was (Inherited from my dad) completely resetting it. Then a warning message came up before the sign in screen, so I replaced the battery with a new one (same kind, from Amazon). IMG-1611.jpg

Then the same warning screen popped up again. Thus ensued days of research and subsequent disappointment to fix the problem. I've tried so many things to get it working but nothings worked; updating windows, running hardware diagnosis, trouble shooting tool, updating BIOS (to find it said I'm not allowed to update or some bs), and I cant find anything else that worked. Not only does the warning message keep persisting, but my laptop isn't even detecting any **bleep** battery. I find it hard to believe that the brand-spanking new battery is busted, so buying a new one ain't an option. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ojisgood,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Battery issues with the OMEN By HP gets battery warning when boot up. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • For Testing and Calibrating the Battery please click this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.