Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello my omen 15 is litteraly burning.
The CPU and GPU are throttling no matter what i do, light gaming or heavy gaming.
It's idling at around 55°.
I tried repasting, undervolting the CPU and GPU,Updated the BIOS, cleaning the fans but it didn't make any difference even downclocked at 3.5Ghz ! I also fresh installed windows, made a new power plan  but the only thing it does is locking the CPU at 2.2Ghz so i turned it back on. ( i didn't pay over 1000€ to play at 12 fps :^) )
The GPU is a 1070maxQ.
I ordered liquid metal to see if it makes any difference but i really doubt it.
I'll take any of your ideas if you are willing to help me fix it.
Thanks for reading me!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Krisso0

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I called the number you sent me in the mail,

They are asking me 296€ to repair my computer, i don't have that much money right now, is there a way to minimize the thermals i'm getting. I really cannot afford the repair.

The guy i had on the phone wasn't really trying to understand my problem and just asked me to pay 296€.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Krisso0

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP and you will be contacted as earliest possible.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.