Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1060nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP assistant recently suggested a BIOS Update for some reason. After the update my pc suddenly can't detect my nvidia rtx graphics card and is using microsoft basic renderer. I don't know what happened. 

My card doesn't even show up in device manager and I can't download, find, or update my drivers because i get the message "this  graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"; and it's not compatible witn  this version of windows

Without the card i get 3ps in games. It worked fine before bios update. Iv've tried troubleshooting and support and can't fix it. Because of COVID 19 I can't get anyone to respond in tech support. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have and it isn't fixed. Apparently my GPU needs to be reseated on my motherboard but thanks for the help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Nate92 

First off, I will recommend that no one use the HP Support Assistant to update the bios.

With that said, what version bios is installed now?

Can you try to revert the bios back to the last known version via the Windows and B key?

Here is a video on how to do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

HP Recommended

In system summary...

BIOS Version/Date                                  AMI F.15, 1/30/2020

SMBIOS Version                                        3.2

Why is hp assistant so bad for your BIOS? I agree just curious.

HP Recommended

There have been a small few instances where it will cause a corruption while installing or will pull up the incorrect bios.

Again, I would try the instructions I gave above to see if you can revert the version.

HP Recommended

I have and it isn't fixed. Apparently my GPU needs to be reseated on my motherboard but thanks for the help

HP Recommended

Its possible the card might need to be reballed/resoldered to the motherboard. You don't simply remove the card from the socket and re-seat it.

Here is the link to HP Support if you are still under warranty...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.