Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion BC200NH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I like to play newer games on my laptop, and I find the GTX 1050M more than enough for some casual gaming. But the problem is, that whenever I try to install the latest NVIDIA drivers, several games (doesn't matter if they are new or older games) crash out immediately or a minute after launching with BSOD. Last time I installed COD: Warzone, downloaded the latest NVIDA driver, because a brand new game requires optimizations, but ended up getting BSOD-d again, not only with that specific game, but with League of Legends and Battlefield 4 as well.

The BSOD I get recently: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Previously, like a year ago, I used to get these using the lastest NVIDIA drivers, however BSOD didn't occur every time, it happened every few weeks, it was very random.
FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

The only solution is to install the driver which is on the HP driver website (2018.01), which is 2 years old! If I use that one, no problem seems to appear.

What can I do? I lose performance, because I cannot install new drivers!
Windows reinstall doesn't solve the problem, I tried it already... (I only use original, licensed OS, games, software)

Thanks,

Algotis

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Algotis,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting BSOD after installing the latest Nvidia drivers for your graphics card.

As you have mentioned that the computer works fine with the HP supplies driver that confirms that the issue is with the driver you are installing.

I recommend you download and install the HP support assistant from the below link and it will automatically download and install all the latest drivers available for your computer.

Here is how it is done.

Download link: Click Here

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

6. Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!
I already have the latest drivers, none of these steps have helped.
Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Algotis,

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I already told you, reinstalling Windows doesn't help at all. If it is a software related issue, it is very annoying, because it doesn't let me do whatever I want with my laptop. I'm starting to think it is hardware related, but everything seems to work fine with a 2 year old graphics driver!...

Here is the list I've done to make this error disappear:

-Windows 10 reinstall (multiple times)

-Driver reinstall (multiple times)

-Checked for possible system file and hard drive corruption

-Updated Windows 10 to the latest version (I always had the latest)

-Full system scan

I believe the drivers NVIDIA releases should be fully compatible with the system, however, using the latest drivers result in a BSOD every time launching a game. (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR)

I've been building PCs and using several laptops for almost a decade now without ever experiencing an issue like this, so please don't come up with tips, such as "turning the laptop off and back on again, and stuff like these"...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you also try to update the graphic card driver from the device manager ?

HP Recommended

Yes, but it says that "The best drivers for your device are already installed".

HP Recommended

I don't know much about computing, but maybe it is the best driver that is compatible with your other components...

HP Recommended

You may be right... but when you think about it, I am unable to play the newer titles (such as COD: Warzone , which requires a newer driver), even though my laptop has the specifications of an entry level gaming PC? I feel betrayed...

HP Recommended

When you say you are unable to play it, what do you mean? Does the game crash, or is it low fps ?

I know seems to be a very stupid question, and I really don't you to misappropriate it :

Are you sure you install the driver (on Nvidia website or from GeForce experience) that match with you graphic card ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.