Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
1F9F9EA#ABH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone I have this laptop for a few days and I am still testing it, I noticed that the backlit keyboard once turned on does not turn off by itself when the pc is inactive or it only turns off the screen and stays on so, there is a way to Do this? I checked in the bios but did not find an option concerning the keyboard.
Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

You can follow the steps from this link to check whether the settings are wrong.https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01612362

HP Recommended
In my model I don't think there is no option to enable automatic shutdown, or at least in the bios there is not, I hope it will be added with the next updates or through the Omen Gaming Hub program
HP Recommended

Did you attempt to shut off the keyboard back light manually? I believe that it’s FN+F10 to adjust brightness/turn it off. When using the laptops keyboard do you notice any issues with it?

HP Recommended

What I mean is that the backlit keyboard of my notebook does not turn off by itself when it is turned on after a while I do not use the PC, yet from the official documentation of my notebook it says that it should turn off automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity, instead it remains always on and I can turn it on or off.

HP Recommended

On my laptop there is actually a button that toggles the keyboard light on and off. I don't know how it is with other laptops but on my keyboard it is the f5 key. 

Thomas Lohse
Long time HP user owner and supporter
HP Recommended

would simply go with the fact that as your keyboard is still powered, it just kept its previous state. I don't think the OS has a routine on shutdown ..

HP Recommended

and turns off by itself after about 30 seconds of inactivity?

HP Recommended

Hi Niko87,

I have an HP Pavilion, and I use my backlit keyboard pretty much on a daily basis, and I have realized that the keyboard will stay on on my laptop when the laptop falls asleep, and also mine will turn itself off when i shut it down, but it doesn't really bother me to leave it on, because it does not consume a whole lot of power, and when I leave it plugged ion all night it will still have pretty much as much battery power as it did before, (It probably drained the battery by 1 or 2 percent) so your laptop should be fine if you leave it on, I have had my laptop for about 2 years now, I use the backlit keyboard all the time, I don't think it is anything to be worried about.

If it is a problem, you can always just leave it turned off, or you can turn it off after using it.

Hope this helped! 🙂

HP Recommended

So there are no solutions at the moment, unless HP will make an update in the Omen Gaming Hub app to better manage the keyboard and its shutdown, that would be well welcome, otherwise it's okay so it's not a drama. Thanks everyone for the support! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.