Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was constantly getting good battery backup(3 hrs even if it's connected to WiFi)  from my HP Pavilion gaming and overheating issues were close to none, but then after BIOS Update in May I felt the battery was draining fast so i checked HP Diagnostic and found out that there is some issue in battery and HP Support assistant was showing Replace the battery which says "THE BATTERY IS REPORTING A FAILURE AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOUR BATTERY MAY BE COVERED BY YOUR HP WARRANTY.PLEASE CONTACT HP. QC01WC-A9WAKU-MFPU2K-COEP23". Due to COVID-19 safety norms I postponed the service and did it in June . The technician changed the battery and i thought as it was all my battery's fault now the issue will get resolved but the issue got resolved upto some extent only and even now i am just getting 2 hrs of battery backup without Internet Connection and as soon as I connect to the internet the backup reduces to 1hr and laptop is slighty heating even in very light surfing in the Google(Which was definitely not the case earlier). please give advice what to do now.😐

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Devank22

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this again as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.