Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa1000 (771S7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone,

I have a problem a problem with my battery. It's full charge capacity is decreasing although I have used it just for three days, and the cycle count is just 3.

Also, the battery discharges rapidly and the estimated remaining time is often wrong and variable.

Note that, I always plug the charger in the laptop 24/7, and when I unplugged the charger, I use the battery till it's 90%, and then I continue to put the charger and keep it even if the battery is 100% or even I make the laptop sleep.

I don't remember that I discharged it, through those 3 days, for more than 50%.

Please don't tell me to activate any modes related to battery care, because hp doesn't provide any of them for gaming laptops, especially victus.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @onvy,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be a few factors contributing to the issues you're experiencing with your laptop battery. Even though HP doesn't provide specific battery care modes for gaming laptops like the Victus, there are still some general practices you can follow to help maintain your battery's health.

• Avoid 100% Charging: Keeping your laptop plugged in constantly at 100% charge can lead to decreased battery lifespan. Lithium-ion batteries degrade faster when they're constantly kept at full charge.
  • Partial Charging: Instead of always keeping the battery at 100%, try to keep it between 20% and 80% if possible. This helps reduce stress on the battery and can prolong its lifespan.
  • Occasional Discharge: While you generally want to avoid fully discharging your battery, it's still a good idea to let it run down occasionally to calibrate its capacity readings. You can do this by using the laptop on battery power until it reaches around 20%, then recharge it back to around 80%.
  • Avoid Extreme Temperatures: High temperatures can also degrade battery health. Try to keep your laptop in a cool, well-ventilated area when in use.
  • Update Drivers and Firmware: Sometimes battery issues can be resolved by updating your laptop's drivers and firmware. Check HP's website for any available updates for your model.
  • Check for Background Processes: Make sure there aren't any background processes or applications draining your battery unnecessarily. Task Manager or Activity Monitor can help you identify any culprits.
  • Check Power Settings: Adjust your power settings to optimize battery life. Lowering screen brightness, disabling unnecessary hardware, and setting power-saving modes can all help conserve battery power.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @onvy,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be a few factors contributing to the issues you're experiencing with your laptop battery. Even though HP doesn't provide specific battery care modes for gaming laptops like the Victus, there are still some general practices you can follow to help maintain your battery's health.

• Avoid 100% Charging: Keeping your laptop plugged in constantly at 100% charge can lead to decreased battery lifespan. Lithium-ion batteries degrade faster when they're constantly kept at full charge.
  • Partial Charging: Instead of always keeping the battery at 100%, try to keep it between 20% and 80% if possible. This helps reduce stress on the battery and can prolong its lifespan.
  • Occasional Discharge: While you generally want to avoid fully discharging your battery, it's still a good idea to let it run down occasionally to calibrate its capacity readings. You can do this by using the laptop on battery power until it reaches around 20%, then recharge it back to around 80%.
  • Avoid Extreme Temperatures: High temperatures can also degrade battery health. Try to keep your laptop in a cool, well-ventilated area when in use.
  • Update Drivers and Firmware: Sometimes battery issues can be resolved by updating your laptop's drivers and firmware. Check HP's website for any available updates for your model.
  • Check for Background Processes: Make sure there aren't any background processes or applications draining your battery unnecessarily. Task Manager or Activity Monitor can help you identify any culprits.
  • Check Power Settings: Adjust your power settings to optimize battery life. Lowering screen brightness, disabling unnecessary hardware, and setting power-saving modes can all help conserve battery power.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.