Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I think the internal  AMD graphics driver has nothing to do with the issue , cuz it happens when there's load on the processor and the dedicated graphics card.

HP Recommended

I ran cinebench 5 times on the laptop but it didn't over heat at all. I also played a browser game called Tanki online which is some what intensive but obviously not as intensive as other games. It didn't shut down during both of these activities but it keeps shutting down while playing games. I've previously played GTA V for 4 hours and it didn't even over heat nor were the fans running at max speed but now I can't even run GTA V for more than 15 mins 

HP Recommended

Having your expensive (gaming) laptop locking down for playing modern games is so frustrating and not normal .HP should solve this urgent matter . HP used to and seems to still have that bad reputation of producing laptops with thermostat issues . Their laptops  are well  known for over heating problems .It seems that they didn't find a solution for this major problem ,Although it had been known for more than ten years.

HP Recommended

With this bios update, I am now unable to connect to WIFI… kind of a BIG problem…  And I also get the same problem as you as well… Even my IT level 3 has no clue how to fix it for good…  always comes back.

HP Recommended

I urge everyone to call the hp support. I have called them and they said told me to contact a hp service person which I am yet to do but they did mention that other people are suffering with the same problem so if everyone of you can call them and le tthem know, we will be able to receive a solution much  faster 

HP Recommended

i am facing the same problem after updating bios to F.08 . is there any solution or still problem continues.  

HP Recommended

unfortunately HP has not come up with a solution yet 😠

HP Recommended

Hi there ! 

Let me make this thing clear . I AM NOT HP TECHNICIAN OR SUPPORT AGENT. I AM JUST AN OLD HP CUSTOMER. WHATEVER SOLUTIONS I SUGGEST YOU ARE DOING IT ON YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF FAILURE. IF YOU RAN INTO IT.

i was also facing the same problem after updating the BIOS. I had updated BIOS from the drivers & downloads page..

TRY THIS :

In the HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS UEFI>FIRMWARE MANAGEMENT>BIOS ROLLBACK. i tried to roll back the BIOS Update. And i went through it successfully.  HOPE IT HELPS THANKS..

After doing this my PC was good to go.. Hope this helps. 

HP Recommended

Hey just tried that but my laptop says the s"roll back failed" "unable to open bios signature file"

HP Recommended

As a lot of people have mentioned, when trying to roll back the bios it won't let you. It has something in the new version to stop you rolling back. So not sure how this guy did it. Not sure if to just try it anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.