Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1054nr

Hello, i wish to purchase this laptop (HP OMEN 15-dc1054nr ) from a seller from Amazon but i am currently not residing in the states. In my host country, there is HP service centre, so my questions are:

1) will HP honour its 1 yr global warranty if i buy from Amazon?

2) can i buy warranty extension in my host country?

3) what can i do if (fingers corssed) my product ran into issues while i am in my host country?

I am about to pull the trigger but these questions about warranty are holding me back. Appreciate any and all assistance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Mercent 

Good idea to ask before purchasing.

If that exact model number is not sold in your country you reside in, there will be no warranty.

Global warranties are only valid to a country if that model number is sold in that country.

Since the HP OMEN 15-dc1054nr is not sold in Singapore, it will not have a warranty. Its only officially sold by HP in the USA, so its only valid in the USA. There is no extension warranty that will change this.

Hope that answers your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you. In Singapore HP has this: https://store.hp.com/sg-en/default/omen-by-hp-15-dc1083tx-7lj24pa.html which is exactly the same as 15-dc1054nr. It appears that HP changes the name of laptop ever so slightly in different countries so as not to honour their global warranty. Interesting.

Then i suppose it is a gamble to buy it from Amazon and have it shipped over. What a shame.

HP Recommended

The different model numbers do also represent what countries they are sold in.

I assume it was cheaper to buy from Amazon USA and ship it. Amazon does put out some incredible prices sometimes.

YES you are taking a gamble if you ship any PC from one country to another that doesn't have a warranty there.

HP Recommended

@Mercent wrote:

.... It appears that HP changes the name of laptop ever so slightly in different countries so as not to honour their global warranty. Interesting.

@Mercent 

Sorry for jumping in. The policy of HP Global warranty is

"HP Global Warranty covers HP products at the level of standard warranty offered in the country in which it is used. For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).".

More info:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

And the suffix nr machines are ONLY available in the US (may be North America), the tx machines are only available somewhere in Asia Pacific. Now you know where the problem is, you have to send your nr machine back to the US for warranty claim.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.