Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
1KV90UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx

Can't access my boot menu when i restart or shut down the PC. When it's booting it doesn't show me a key for in which to access the boot menu. I've tried all that i found when i googled it and i've got nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dayoftheduck

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer and then try to access boot options.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Dayoftheduck

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer and then try to access boot options.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I updated my BIOS a couple weeks ago along with a few updates as suggested by HP Assistant Program. I will try the hard reset when I get home. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, however none of the keys combinations explained here let me access the bios, I tried f10, f11, turning on computer while pressing esc, then f2.   I don't understand what is wrong.  I have a HP 15-ay000 notebook. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Jisusa

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,   

Let's this method:

Turn off the computer, press the power button, and then repeatedly press the Esc key until the Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

Click here:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00034791 to know more about BIOS Setup Information and Menu Options.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your answer it definitively helped.

HP Recommended

@Jisusa

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.