Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone,

I bought a new HP laptop but it seems that the monitor is not running at its maximum refresh rate, which is 144 Hz (the specific model is 15-fb0023ne , which features a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and a AMD Ryzen 5-5600H). I tried to change that refresh rate in the Windows 11 Settings, but the only possibilities were 60Hz and 40 Hz. I added my device to hp and looked up the specs and it clearly says 144hz. https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/victus-by-hp-15.6-inch-gaming-laptop-15-fb0000/2101128966/model...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The specs for your specific model do not indicate a 144 Hz refresh rate.

Victus Gaming Laptop 15-fb0023ne | HP® Middle East

And the specs you posted show displays with and without the 144 Hz refresh rate.

Two display options have it and two don't.

• 39.6 cm (15.6 in) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), WLED, antiglare, Flicker Free, SVA, eDP, narrow bezel, 250 nits, 45% NTSC

• 39.6 cm (15.6 in) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), WLED, antiglare, Flicker Free, UWVA, eDP, narrow bezel, 250 nits, 45% NTSC

• 39.6 cm (15.6 in) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), WLED, antiglare, Flicker Free, UWVA, eDP with PSR, narrow bezel, 144 Hz, 250 nits, 45% NTSC

• 39.6 cm (15.6 in) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), WLED, antiglare, Low Blue Light, Flicker Free, UWVA, eDP with PSR, narrow bezel, 300 nits, 100% sRGB

HP Recommended

how do I check if my laptop has 144hz?

HP Recommended

The only way I know of would be to enter your notebook's serial number in the box at the link below and see if it gives you a part number and description for the display panel that was installed in your notebook.

HP PartSurfer

HP Recommended

Is this it? 15.6FHD AG UWVA EDP SLIMNB 250N

HP Recommended

Yes, that's the display panel and it does not indicate that it is 144 Hz, so it must be the 60 Hz panel.

If you google the part number, you may get a better description for it from a supplier that sells the panel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.