Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P2A0AV)

I just bought a free dos HP Pavilion 15 laptop and I cannot manage to install windows 10 on it. Firstly I do not see the disk in the partition selection step and had to download the F6flpy-x64 (Intel® VMD) driver on a USB stick and install it. Now I see the disk and proceed with the installation. On the first restart, it does not continue the installation and presents me with the architecture of the windows again. I press escape because I don't want to install the windows again, and after the HP logo, I receive a bluescreen with the error code: 0xc0000098, file: iaStorAfs.sys. This filename was in the driver I installed earlier, and my guess is that the laptop still can't see the disk. Tried many things I found on the internet hoping they would solve the problem, but was unable to. Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the driver I have referred others to successfully many times at the discussion below...

Solved: Windows Installation USB can't see new m.2 nvme. - HP Support Community - 8342795

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the driver I have referred others to successfully many times at the discussion below...

Solved: Windows Installation USB can't see new m.2 nvme. - HP Support Community - 8342795

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the file, extracted it with 7-zip, and put it on a stick. When I choose to load the driver and read the file, I get "No signed device drivers were found.  Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click OK."

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

From the specs I could find your notebook has an i5-11300H core processor, so I am very surprised you are getting an error like that.

See if this newer driver works instead...

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver - Tiger Lake

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136624.exe

HP Recommended

The driver worked, and it shows the disks as before. After the first restart, it still prompts me with the windows architecture... I press escape and the Recovery blue screen shows up... with the same issue, code 0xc0000098... I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with the installation or if it's something else...

HP Recommended

It's probably something else, because no one else that I have given the drivers to has reported any issues.

If you made the latest USB installation flash drive (W10 21H2) with the Media creation tool, see if this works.

It worked for me once...

At the first restart just when you see the notebook is completely off, remove the flash drive and see if Windows boots up and completes the installation process.

HP Recommended

I attempted all the installations with an original windows 10 USB from 2019. I disconnected it when the screen turned black, but the same result... I will make a USB with the windows from the site you provided and will come back with the results...

HP Recommended

Yes, defintely try the latest version...

Descărcați Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

IT WORKED!

Definitely, the solution works with a windows USB made by you, not an original one, since you have to put the driver on the same USB stick as the windows.

Thanks a lot, Paul. You just ended my 7 hours streak of searching for solutions. Best wishes!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.