Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: hp pavilion 15 gaming laptp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so basically, on 10/08/2021 everything was working fine, all good, great life. But then on 11/08/2021, the charger did not fit properly into the hole! It just fit half of it in. And the, when I booted up my pc, it showed this:

pleaseomg_0-1628759781949.png

But the thing was, I was using my original and proper adapter! All my games and my whole system started lagging a lot more, and when I was cg=harging it, it charged very slowly. WHat do I do? PLease help...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

PLease say someting, please help, please!

HP Recommended

Hi@pleaseomg,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.Apologies for all the inconvenience

I understand that notebook has an issue with the Power adaptor message popping up on the notebook

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Check for the Windows update?

Check for the BIOS update?

. Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Additional help can be found in the below articles: 

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures 

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for responding. But two things:

1. The laptop I'm using is not a notebook, it's a pavilion, so I don't know if it'll work.

2. The actual problem is that it doesn't fit into the hole, the lag is just a side effect.

Please respond. Thanks,

pleaseomg

HP Recommended

Hi@pleaseomg,

You may order the replacement parts the for  HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

yes, thank you. I am chatting with the support assistant now, and I will be able to fix the issue (hopefully). I sincerely thank you for the help and assistance, @praveenb

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.